Reminder - It is Solid Gold Saturday against Becky: Arrive Early, Wear Gold, Be Loud!

Reaction score
for those attending who still do not own gold minnesota gophers attire.....get out this week and buy some. there is no "good" excuse for showing up in maroon on saturday against becky. do your part! :)

what is everyone's best guess of the % of Gopher fans in Gold (excluding the 5,000 people in red)? I'm going to say 75%. It was about half gold for the first two games, I'm guessing half of the other half catch on (or attempt to give an effort)??? All the students wear gold so that helps.

what is everyone's best guess of the % of Gopher fans in Gold (excluding the 5,000 people in red)? I'm going to say 75%. It was about half gold for the first two games, I'm guessing half of the other half catch on (or attempt to give an effort)??? All the students wear gold so that helps.

Depends if it rains.

Weather could blow it up big time but even with perfect weather, not counting the visitor and student sections I will guess between 60-65 percent gold. Just too many clueless fans.

Just to be contrarian, I really like the "maroon and gold tweed" look that most of the stadium has worn for the first two games. It is classy, and it sets off the almost-all-gold look of the student section. The only solid-color stadium look that has impressed me was the blackout in US Cellular Field for the Sox-Twins one-game playoff last fall. That was scary, and it reminded me of scenes from "Eight Men Out" and other early baseball movies or photos. Otherwise, solid colors are kinda boring, uniforms OR stadiums.

Wife just called me and said she is having fun at Goldy's Locker room in that voice that is trying to conceal how much money she spent.

And we already have gold b/c we are in gold seats.

Just to be contrarian, I really like the "maroon and gold tweed" look that most of the stadium has worn for the first two games. It is classy, and it sets off the almost-all-gold look of the student section. The only solid-color stadium look that has impressed me was the blackout in US Cellular Field for the Sox-Twins one-game playoff last fall. That was scary, and it reminded me of scenes from "Eight Men Out" and other early baseball movies or photos. Otherwise, solid colors are kinda boring, uniforms OR stadiums.

That's all well and good ofer but there is no excuse for not wearing gold this ONE GAME!!!

Mustard

that would be a Mustard out. no way that color is gold.

Top Bottom