Recruits

gopher22

Reaction score
Should we even be exciting about the recruits coming in if brewster looses his job?

Tulowitzki is having a mammoth month

Take this for what it's worth but I work with a guy who is plugged into the local (Twin Cities) High School sports scene. He talked to someone recently who is good friends of a local Gopher verbal (not mentioning names) and the Gopher verbal said that if Brewster goes, he is packing his bags for Madison.

Take this for what it's worth but I work with a guy who is plugged into the local (Twin Cities) High School sports scene. He talked to someone recently who is good friends of a local Gopher verbal (not mentioning names) and the Gopher verbal said that if Brewster goes, he is packing his bags for Madison.

Cake Eater.

I can play that game too. I know first hand that D C-T and NR are locked in no matter who is coach. Olson is locked in as well so that leaves a certain tight end.

Should we even be exciting about the recruits coming in if brewster looses his job?

Did you mean "loosens up in his job," or what? I'm confused. You are a looser...ewe've loost you're weigh az a Gofer boster...

I am indifferent on the Brewster situation, but losing recruits should NOT be a reason to fire someone.

I recall basketball recruits / players saying they were gone if Monson was fired. Needless to say, hiring Tubby Smith was worth losing Monson recruits.

Hopefully the new coach is an improvement and either convinces said recruit to stay, or recruits BETTER players ... isn't that the goal when you hire a new coach anyways? Tell me this coach leaves if Brewster is fired, and say, Jon Gruden is the head coach. I don't think he'd be off to Madison as quickly.

" can play that game too. I know first hand that D C-T and NR are locked in no matter who is coach. Olson is locked in as well so that leaves a certain tight end"

You are correct.

If that truly is the case. I would be a little disappointed that he left.

" can play that game too. I know first hand that D C-T and NR are locked in no matter who is coach. Olson is locked in as well so that leaves a certain tight end"

You are correct.

Are we talking about the one from WI or the TE/LB from MN

Sam would be walking on then since UW already has two TEs with a third who is listed as a TE/DE. There wouldnt be a scholarship for him.

If the person said "local", then obviously the only two choices are Crawford-Tufts and Olson. We all know Olson isn't going anywhere, and Crawford-Tufts actually does have a WI offer. Sounds like he's not going anywhere either.

If you really want to stretch the definition of "local", then throw Westerhaus in the mix as well. Since he doesn't have a WI offer, is he planning to walk on? I don't think so.

If it really is Westerhaus who said this, it's meaningless. It's like me saying, "I'm planning to take the Twins managerial job any day here now."

EDIT: I didn't realize Holy Family was as close to campus as it is. Rest of post still stands.

Top Bottom