Ranking the top 10 QBs already in the transfer portal (9. Max Brosmer, New Hampshire; Best fits: Syracuse, Auburn, Vanderbilt)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Gophers not listed as one of three "best fits" for any of the Top 10:

9. Max Brosmer, New Hampshire​

One of the top quarterbacks in the FCS level the last 2 seasons, throwing for 6,613 yards with 63 TDs (7 rush) and only 14 INTs. Overlooked in the recruiting cycle despite a huge season playing in the state of Georgia’s 2nd biggest classification at Centennial High School.

Georgia offered him a preferred walkon position on the roster, but Brosmer decided to play at New Hampshire. Now he has 1 season remaining, and could come back to play against his home state team in the right situation.

Best fits: Syracuse, Auburn, Vanderbilt.

Go Gophers!!

Lots of teams looking for a new QB. We have a guaranteed starting spot in a BT program to offer, albeit one that may only throw 12 times a game. I'm concerned we may not even upgrade over Athan.

Lots of teams looking for a new QB. We have a guaranteed starting spot in a BT program to offer, albeit one that may only throw 12 times a game. I'm concerned we may not even upgrade over Athan.
We might not upgrade in terms of star rating, but it would be hard to do worse than AK - whose highs and lows had such a disparity between each other.

“…damned if qb stays…damned if qb goes…”

The plight of the damned Gopherhole poster: post 2023 regular season posts…

Upgrading over the 81st ranked FBS QB should not be that hard.

The SDSU QB Gronowski is the highest rated FCS passer in the country in terms of efficiency. Good size. Mediocre speed for a QB; ran a 4.9 40 in HS per 247 Sports. I'm curious if he throws his hat in the ring once their season is done. The market for QBs right now can't get any hotter. It's like an asset bubble.

On Max Brosmer's Twitter we are the only P5 team that has offered him. Either he stopped posting the offers or isn't getting a ton of interest at the moment. Hope we can seal the deal with him...
Or he's verbally agreed to sign here.

doesnt NDSU or SDSU have a good qb we can cherry pick?

On Max Brosmer's Twitter we are the only P5 team that has offered him. Either he stopped posting the offers or isn't getting a ton of interest at the moment. Hope we can seal the deal with him...
Was he "blessed" to receive an offer from us or only tepidly pleased?

DJ Uiagalelei leaving Oregon State, either going to the portal or the NFL. That team lost its coach, QB, and most of its conference. The Beavers have been trimmed down.
Guessing draft for DJ.

DJ Uiagalelei leaving Oregon State, either going to the portal or the NFL. That team lost its coach, QB, and most of its conference. The Beavers have been trimmed down.
If we think we've got it bad in Gopher land, just think how it must feel to be Oregon State. They've finally had some decent seasons, and then the whole conference leaves you in the dust, along with their coach, and everyone on the team that's half-decent. Your number one foe, Oregon, is headed (at least a good chance of it) to the final four playoffs, and next year they will be in the best football conference in the nation, which brings with it all the money from the B1G's TV contract. Bottomline, you'll never be able to come close to competing with Oregon again. BTW, just to make it real painful, you found out that your coach is leaving 2 hours before your biggest game of the year (against Oregon), and you lost that game. Here's to you Oregon State fans, may you have some sort of interest outside of sports...

... and, I'm guessing DJ ends up at Michigan State, following his coach.

Last edited:

If we think we've got it bad in Gopher land, just think how it must feel to be Oregon State. They've finally had some decent seasons, and then the whole conference leaves you in the dust, along with their coach, and everyone on the team that's half-decent. Your number one foe, Oregon, is headed (at least a good chance of it) to the final four playoffs, and next year they will be in the best football conference in the nation, which brings with it all the money from the B1G's TV contract. Bottomline, you'll never be able to come close to competing with Oregon again. BTW, just to make it real painful, you found out that your coach is leaving 2 hours before your biggest game of the year (against Oregon), and you lost that game. Here's to you Oregon State, may you have some sort of interest outside of sports...

... and, I'm guessing DJ ends up at Michigan State, following his coach.

DJ can do a lot better than MSU.

DJ can do a lot better than MSU.
I think MSU will have a huge recruiting year via the portal. They've got their HC, and a HUGE budget to get a great assistant coaching staff, and they'll have a lot of open scholly slots to fill. Michigan on the other hand won't have a coach (I think Harbourgh will jump to the NFL), so that'll open up a lot of Mich commits to potentially head to MSU. We'll see, but IMO MSU is going to be one of the most improved college teams next year.

Wouldn’t Michigan State be the place for DJ?

I think Vandy's Ken Seals is our best bet. I think he's the perfect amount of under the radar kind of kid that he'd fit in with the Elite & Row-the-boat mantra at the U. Has a lot of SEC experience, although much of it is on the losing end. I think he'd thrive in this offense.

I think Vandy's Ken Seals is our best bet. I think he's the perfect amount of under the radar kind of kid that he'd fit in with the Elite & Row-the-boat mantra at the U. Has a lot of SEC experience, although much of it is on the losing end. I think he'd thrive in this offense.
He put on 25,000 miles attending camps in HS, had do sit out a year for transfer to another school in Texas. His college highlight to date is that his college team had a female kicker.

Lists don’t mean shit, we have an opening for a QB to come in and make a name for himself

Lists don’t mean shit, we have an opening for a QB to come in and make a name for himself
That is the dilemma, the majority of coaches and their egos, come in with their starter, even if the answer in front of their nose is different then their choice. Most programs have a style of QB they want in their system. Next, the put time and effort recruiting their prototype, AK, they liked his size and perceived athletic ability. Next, it is up to the chosen QB to screw it up. AK was given every opportunity to succeed. Every choice the coaches make will have player repercussion, the other competitive QB's will leave. Most of these choices are made before there is a real competition. No worry, they can now go into the bag of QB's and start again. The bias begins with the rating systems as early on middle school. Everyone always knew the best QB in every backyard game.

Last edited:

Top Bottom