Ranking the Big Ten Football Coaches (6. P.J. Fleck, Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

6. P.J. Fleck, Minnesota. Pro Football Focus ranks him the 20th best coach in the country. Fitzgerald at No. 6 is the only Big Ten West Division coach ahead of him. At Western Michigan Fleck led one of the more memorable turnarounds in college football history. In 2013, his first season, the Broncos were 1-11, but ended the 2016 season with a No. 12 national ranking, a 13-1 record, a conference championship and a close loss to Wisconsin in the Cotton Bowl. Fleck’s 2019 Gophers won 11 games for the first time at Minnesota since 1904 and he impressed with his coaching including a January 1 Outback Bowl win over the SEC’s Auburn Tigers. Minnesota had a school record seven league wins in 2019, but in three of Fleck’s other four seasons in Minneapolis he has had losing Big Ten records. Cut Fleck and his staff slack for trying to rebuild the defense during the restrictions of the pandemic last year (3-4 season record). Clearly 2021 will be a pivotal season for Fleck’s reputation as a program savior.

Go Gophers!!

Going into the season, coming off major pandemic issues it’s hard to rank the coaches. Following this season it’ll be fun to see how they shake out.
I’m seeing PJ move up the list!

Why did I click on a Shama article? This might be the worst ranking of B1G coaches I've ever seen.

Top Bottom