Ranking the best jobs by conference: Big Ten (#9. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Dan:

9. MINNESOTA
Multiple coaches said Minnesota was a better job than most think. Going back to Tyus and Tre Jones to more recently with Jalen Suggs and Chet Holmgren, the state has produced some high-end talent over the past decade. It’s the only Division I school in the state, and the fans will support their team. It just can be hard to keep elite prospects home, and it’s hard to go far outside the state to attract top recruits. The winter weather doesn’t help, either.

Go Gophers!!

By this guy's logic...if Indiana is #1, wouldn't Purdue be #2?

I wouldn't want to follow Izzo and or work for their administration, nor deal with overcoming their negative cultural scandals. Izzo, obviously has no issues in the environment...I think somebody else will.
Not putting Wisconsin that high either. That is a job for the right person. They have won with a style.
If you don't carry on the tradition of the strategy in place, I'm not sure it's a good place to recruit and flourish.
Minnesota would be my number one job in the conference but 9th could easily be too high based on the perception of our winters around the country in recruiting. And, quite a few coaches have proven it is not easy to win here. Facilities are no longer an excuse.

Man I get sick of this tough recruiting meme because of the weather in Minnesota. It's not like the weathers is great in any other B1G city. The whole thing is BS!

Man I get sick of this tough recruiting meme because of the weather in Minnesota. It's not like the weathers is great in any other B1G city. The whole thing is BS!
Agree. Lame excuse. Some of the best programs in the conference have pretty comparable climates.

Top Bottom