Ranking the 35 best available transfers and high school recruits (#1. Holmgren, #4. Carr)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per The Athletic:

1. Chet Holmgren, 7-foot big/wing, Minnehaha Academy, Minneapolis

With all the proven, experienced players available, we lead off with a high schooler? Yeah, because he’s not just any high schooler. Holmgren might be the top prep player in the country regardless of class. (He ranked No. 2 in our most recent edition of The Athletic 40, and that might have been too low.) A 7-footer with a guard’s skills, a 3-point touch and elite shot-blocking ability, he’s a unicorn who could quickly change any team’s fortunes. His recruitment has been hard to read, but Gonzaga and Ohio State have been among the teams most frequently linked to Holmgren.

4. Marcus Carr, 6-2 guard, senior, Minnesota

Transfer portal watchers jump out of their seats when they see a name such as Carr pop up. He is the premier lead guard transfer on the market, a point guard who has already made the All-Big Ten team and was on the 20-name late-season watch list for the Wooden Award. He is a superb playmaker who can get his own shot and create for his teammates. He was top 10 in the country in assists per game last year at 6.5, then this year upped his scoring to 19.4 points per game as Minnesota needed a lead scoring threat. He’s a clutch shot-maker and a tough-nosed point guard who would make just about any team better. Carr plans to enter the NBA Draft without an agent and use the transfer market as a backup plan.

Go Gophers!!

Odds Carr comes back? Would Johnson want him back?

247 has Holmgren Warm for the U...thoughts on how hiring Johnson could affect his choice?

Gonzaga might be interested in Carr.

lmao

Carr is so selfish and needs a coach who will hold him accountable. Would love to see what Few or others could do with him, but I’ve had enough of him and happy to see him leave. I want a player who plays with his teammates. Doogie, who I know people struggle with, had an interesting observation when he shared in response to someone who tweeted him that Gabe didn’t seem to mesh with Carr - “no one on the team really meshed with Carr.”

Carr is so selfish and needs a coach who will hold him accountable. Would love to see what Few or others could do with him, but I’ve had enough of him and happy to see him leave. I want a player who plays with his teammates. Doogie, who I know people struggle with, had an interesting observation when he shared in response to someone who tweeted him that Gabe didn’t seem to mesh with Carr - “no one on the team really meshed with Carr.”

That was on Pitino 100%. From all the pressers, if anything, we'll have a team with chemistry.

That was on Pitino 100%. From all the pressers, if anything, we'll have a team with chemistry.
Doofie will also take any excuse he can to rip on Pitino. He will still go out of his way to mention that Coffey would have committed to ISU if Fred hadn't taken the Bulls job. Whether that is true or not, it's clearly leveraged by him to downgrade any minor victory by the former coach. Pitino must have restricted his media access or something.

Top Bottom