Ranking all 41 college football bowl game from worst to best (41. Quick Lane Bowl: Minnesota vs Bowling Green)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
We made the list!

Per Yahoo:

41. Quick Lane Bowl (Dec. 26, 2 p.m., ESPN)​

Minnesota (5-7) vs. Bowling Green (7-5)
Minnesota is the only sub-.500 team in a bowl game thanks to its Academic Progress Rate. The Gophers will play without QB Athan Kaliakmanis after he entered the transfer portal. Minnesota averages just 303 yards a game and gives up six yards a play. Bowling Green won five of its last six to get bowl eligible and its only loss in that span came to Toledo as the Rockets got a 59-yard TD to go ahead with 1:45 to go.

Go Gophers!!

As soon as I saw this story I knew we were going to be in the last spot. As the only 5-7 team going up against a MAC school this is an easy pick for the lowest ranking bowl game. Although looking at the list there are plenty of other pretty crappy games as well.

But that is to be expected when you have to fill as many slots as they do.

It's not the absolute worst of the bowls (it has a Big Ten team in an NFL stadium in a city with things to do) but when you are the only seat filler team you can't expect to get the star treatment.

The Camelia Bowl or the Famous Toastery Bowl are way worse.

It's not the absolute worst of the bowls (it has a Big Ten team in an NFL stadium in a city with things to do) but when you are the only seat filler team you can't expect to get the star treatment.

Regardless it’s like trading shit for piss

I didn't know what Famous Toastery was until reading your post. Looks like they are proud of their sponsorship as they show the bowl emblem on their website. Their locations appear to be all in the Carolinas and Virginia so I guess it's fitting that their bowl includes Old Dominion.

Which is 26.8% more yards per game than iowa, who was DFL in all of FCS.
Truly amazing that Hawkeye team —terrible terrible offense but one of the very best defenses in all of college football. I guess that’s how they win

That's not a real Bowl. You made that up. Right?

Sort of. It's a real Bowl, established in 2014 as the Bahama's Bowl. "the inaugural edition of the Bahamas Bowl, played in 2014, was the first major (FBS or historical equivalent) bowl game to be played outside the United States and Canada between two U.S. teams since the 1 January 1937, Bacardi Bowl in Havana, Cuba."

But this year it's being played in North Carolina. Title was changed too reflect the new sponsor and to make sure people knew it wasn't being played in the Bahamas.

Think it's going back there next year.

Sort of. It's a real Bowl, established in 2014 as the Bahama's Bowl. "the inaugural edition of the Bahamas Bowl, played in 2014, was the first major (FBS or historical equivalent) bowl game to be played outside the United States and Canada between two U.S. teams since the 1 January 1937, Bacardi Bowl in Havana, Cuba."

But this year it's being played in North Carolina. Title was changed too reflect the new sponsor and to make sure people knew it wasn't being played in the Bahamas.

It's a real bowl for 1 year. It's supposed to be the Hometown Lenders Bahamas Bowl but moved to Charlotte for this year due to stadium renovations.
I lived in Virginia for several years and I can't say I've ever heard of this chain before.

If it was still the Bahamas Bowl it's a top 10 bowl game, pretty much the best one you can get outside the playoff or a few of the NY6 games.

But the Famous Toastery Bowl is two small G5 schools playing in UNC Charlotte's 15,000 seater

Famous Toastery isn't even the oddest sponsor of that game, which will always and forever be MAKERS WANTED! (an industrial park in Elk Grove Village, IL)

Really? It's a quick oil change, lube, etc. place like Jiffy Lube.
Don't think I've seen it around Minneapolis ever. Is it mainly located in the suburbs?

EDIT- on the map all the locations are at Ford dealerships? If it's for Ford vehicles, that explains it, I've never owned a Ford.

I had to look it up:

Charlotte, N.C. based Famous Toastery is a breakfast, brunch and lunch franchise that encourages its guests, team and franchise owners to "Be Famous" in their local community by offering "Famously Fresh" meals and a much-needed hub for friends, families and neighbors to get together in a comfortable atmosphere

on the ranking of the Quick Lane Bowl - it's all subjective. the Gophers are a 5-7 team that just lost its starting QB to the portal. they're not going to be ranked very highly.

but with all the players going into the portal, there are a lot of teams that are going to be starting back-ups in their bowls. Ohio State has 12 players in the portal including QB Kyle McCord and WR Julian Fleming. South Carolina has 15 players in the portal.

there is going to be a lot of "who the bleep is that" when watching bowl games this year.

We made the list!

Per Yahoo:

41. Quick Lane Bowl (Dec. 26, 2 p.m., ESPN)​

Minnesota (5-7) vs. Bowling Green (7-5)
Minnesota is the only sub-.500 team in a bowl game thanks to its Academic Progress Rate. The Gophers will play without QB Athan Kaliakmanis after he entered the transfer portal. Minnesota averages just 303 yards a game and gives up six yards a play. Bowling Green won five of its last six to get bowl eligible and its only loss in that span came to Toledo as the Rockets got a 59-yard TD to go ahead with 1:45 to go.

Go Gophers!!
Revenge 🥣

I had to look it up:

Charlotte, N.C. based Famous Toastery is a breakfast, brunch and lunch franchise that encourages its guests, team and franchise owners to "Be Famous" in their local community by offering "Famously Fresh" meals and a much-needed hub for friends, families and neighbors to get together in a comfortable atmosphere

on the ranking of the Quick Lane Bowl - it's all subjective. the Gophers are a 5-7 team that just lost its starting QB to the portal. they're not going to be ranked very highly.

but with all the players going into the portal, there are a lot of teams that are going to be starting back-ups in their bowls. Ohio State has 12 players in the portal including QB Kyle McCord and WR Julian Fleming. South Carolina has 15 players in the portal.

there is going to be a lot of "who the bleep is that" when watching bowl games this year.
I kinda like that.

Make bowl games bonus games again.

As soon as I saw this story I knew we were going to be in the last spot. As the only 5-7 team going up against a MAC school this is an easy pick for the lowest ranking bowl game. Although looking at the list there are plenty of other pretty crappy games as well.

But that is to be expected when you have to fill as many slots as they do.
I like to watch bowl games based on competitive match up. Boring to watch a blow out, unless my team is on the good side of the blow out.

Still can’t get on board with any 5-7 team making a bowl game but I will still watch regardless.

Still would watch even if the Gophers weren’t playing in the play.

It is college football and it is a bowl game. Why wouldn’t you watch. 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom