r/collegebasketball is live streaming a simulated March Madness using College Hoops 2k8

fair

Reaction score
Subreddit
Bracket and Schedule
Youtube Channel

A few dedicated people have gone through and created an NCAA tournament bracket using current rosters in the 2k8 video game. They are live streaming every game, and it is slowly becoming a hit.

As silly as it may sound, watching computer vs. computer duel it out for college basketball supremacy has actually been extremely entertaining. Today's games had a 15, 13, and 12 seed win, including a buzzer beater by #13 Vermont. I know we're all desperate for some madness in our lives, so I figured I'd share.

I'd love to see what they rated the players to make the teams as it plays into how large the discrepancy is between teams, and thus the Cinderella part. Anyway, can clearly see people are desperate for sports (and distraction in general)

Haha this is great. We made brackets. Definitely missing the real deal but whatever, we'll take it.

So I forgot about this thing after a couple days but just checked back in to see how the tournament played out. These guys put a lot of time and effort into this. At some point they started announcing the games themselves.

Seton Hall played BYU for the championship so I guess we know why Haarms is considering BYU.

Here is the championship game, complete with One Shining Moment at the conclusion.

Top Bottom