Quick question

USAF

Reaction score
If four guys standing motionless, 30 ft from the basket, watching one guy dribble away the shot clock is the absolute best way to get a crucial bucket...shouldn't that be the design on every possession?

Mentioned this in the game thread. The possession took place in front of the Gopher bench and Ben clearly told Cam to hold the ball. It's what he wanted. When you're in the double bonus and only up a point, I don't think anyone would argue this was optimal strategy.

Mentioned this in the game thread. The possession took place in front of the Gopher bench and Ben clearly told Cam to hold the ball. It's what he wanted. When you're in the double bonus and only up a point, I don't think anyone would argue this was optimal strategy.
What’s a double bonus? 🤔

I liked the way Missouri played it down the stretch: feed the paint and assess the defensive reaction to it. Their forwards' ability to beat our defenders to a spot on the floor was a killer.

In Hawkins' defense, he had the right idea when he drove to the basket those couple times. First time he was the victim of what probably should have been a foul call; the second time was an excellent defensive recovery by the Tigers. Then Johnson took him out and didn't let him back in.

If four guys standing motionless, 30 ft from the basket, watching one guy dribble away the shot clock is the absolute best way to get a crucial bucket...shouldn't that be the design on every possession?
It was the ill fated design the last 12 minutes with the opponent already giving you double bonus free throws and you had all the momentum.
Here's the crushing part...we do not have one assistant coach who strangled Ben over the course of 12 minutes on the game clock and said "HEY! This is really dumb! Attack the basket! Shoot free throws!"
Have they ever practiced strategy being ahead in a game versus someone other than a Macalester like opponent? Didn't look like it. If they have, even worse that this was it.

Top Bottom