Quick Look at Future Opponents After Week 6

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
@Illinois - Looks like they are going to escape with an ugly win against Iowa. But they also got really banged up so will be interesting to see what kind of shape they are in when we get there. If their QB is out that would be a massive loss for their offense.

@Penn State - They were off this week but look really solid and will have to play a great game to beat them in Happy Valley.

Rutgers - Rutgers may have the worst offense in the Big Ten....and Iowa is in the Big Ten. They look bad.

@Nebraska - Just barely got by Rutgers. I mean I guess they finally won a close game but not a good team.

Northwestern - They just look horrible.

Iowa - Defense is good, offense is just terrible

@Wisconsin - Beat up on Northwestern today....not sure that really tells us anything but Badgers look very mediocre.

Bonus - Looking at the West right now - Good luck picking a favorite

Contenders
Minnesota - Looked awesome for 4 weeks, played poorly and lost in week 5. Still feels like the most complete team in the West but will see if they play up to their potential.

Illinois - Look solid but nothing spectacular

Purdue - see Illinois

Hanging Around
Wisconsin - Got steamrolled by an Illinois team that couldn't score a TD against Iowa.

Nebraska - 2-1 in the Big Ten mostly because they beat two of the worst teams in the Big Ten. They also managed to lose to Northwestern

May Struggle to make a bowl
Iowa - Good lord their offense is terrible....just terrible. Don't turn it over, they can't beat you, then again Illinois turned it over a bunch and still won.

May not win another game all year
Northwestern - Just bad, in all phases they are just bad.

I agree with everything you said.
I don’t think Purdue wins out but not sure they lose twice.
Gophers can’t afford another hiccup.

My west power rankings:
Minnesota
Purdue
Illinois
Wisconsin
Nebraska (I’ve had them in 7th for like 36 straight months until this week)
Iowa
Northwestern

I watched a quarter of iowa football and it looked like a bad high school offense. Missing wide open throws, absolutely incapable. Their defense is lights out.

Have to think with a bye week they make some changes either to the offensive staff or starting QB. They may not get 50 yards against tOSU

I watched a quarter of iowa football and it looked like a bad high school offense. Missing wide open throws, absolutely incapable. Their defense is lights out.

Have to think with a bye week they make some changes either to the offensive staff or starting QB. They may not get 50 yards against tOSU
Go read an Iowa forum.....they aren't going to be making any changes....this is just what Iowa is on offense now and will be until the Ferentz's decide to hang it up....one by way of retirement and the other by way of unemployment as soon as daddy retires.

Not sure it is worth its own thread but home field advantage seems to be a thing of the past right now in the Big Ten. There have been 20 conference games played so far this year. Of those 20 games 1 was in Ireland so doesn't count but of the rest the road team is 11-8. And I didn't even look at the home non-conf loses but there were a number of those as well this year.

Go read an Iowa forum.....they aren't going to be making any changes....this is just what Iowa is on offense now and will be until the Ferentz's decide to hang it up....one by way of retirement and the other by way of unemployment as soon as daddy retires.
I feel like their OL is way down. And they don’t have a dynamic QB to help with that. No idea on their running backs. They get hit in the back field constantly.

Looked at rest of Purdue’s schedule. They could possibly run their table. If they run their table and we run our table, Purdue will rep the West & go to the B1G championship over us.

The only games they maybe tripped up are Wisconsin at WI and Illinois at IL.

We need to run our table if we want to go to the B1G Championship, it’s as easy as that.

Looked at rest of Purdue’s schedule. They could possibly run their table. If they run their table and we run our table, Purdue will rep the West & go to the B1G championship over us.

We need to run our table if we want to go to the B1G Championship, it’s as easy as that.

You're giving an awful lot of credit to a Purdue team that has been prone to bad penalties and shooting itself in the foot. LOT of season left, IMO.

You're giving an awful lot of credit to a Purdue team that has been prone to bad penalties and shooting itself in the foot. LOT of season left, IMO.
Nope, just being realistic to a team that has one up on us 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nope, just being realistic to a team that has one up on us 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well, no; Purdue is not one game ahead of us, if that's what you meant.

Purdue owns the tiebreaker, but that isn't the same as being one game ahead. Both teams have one conference loss.

Example: If Minnesota wins next week, and Purdue loses, the Gophers would move ahead of Purdue in the standings, because Purdue would then have two conference losses and Minnesota would only have one conference loss. The tiebreaker Purdue owns would only apply if the two teams end up tied with the same conference record.

If more than two teams end up tied, then other factors would apply.

@Illinois - Looks like they are going to escape with an ugly win against Iowa. But they also got really banged up so will be interesting to see what kind of shape they are in when we get there. If their QB is out that would be a massive loss for their offense.

@Penn State - They were off this week but look really solid and will have to play a great game to beat them in Happy Valley.

Rutgers - Rutgers may have the worst offense in the Big Ten....and Iowa is in the Big Ten. They look bad.

@Nebraska - Just barely got by Rutgers. I mean I guess they finally won a close game but not a good team.

Northwestern - They just look horrible.

Iowa - Defense is good, offense is just terrible

@Wisconsin - Beat up on Northwestern today....not sure that really tells us anything but Badgers look very mediocre.

Bonus - Looking at the West right now - Good luck picking a favorite

Contenders
Minnesota - Looked awesome for 4 weeks, played poorly and lost in week 5. Still feels like the most complete team in the West but will see if they play up to their potential.

Illinois - Look solid but nothing spectacular

Purdue - see Illinois

Hanging Around
Wisconsin - Got steamrolled by an Illinois team that couldn't score a TD against Iowa.

Nebraska - 2-1 in the Big Ten mostly because they beat two of the worst teams in the Big Ten. They also managed to lose to Northwestern

May Struggle to make a bowl
Iowa - Good lord their offense is terrible....just terrible. Don't turn it over, they can't beat you, then again Illinois turned it over a bunch and still won.

May not win another game all year
Northwestern - Just bad, in all phases they are just bad.
Good stuff. I have to say though, NW and Iowa have worse offenses than Rutgers. Iowa has 9 TDs on Offense.

They are going to lose to Nebraska in 6 days

Top Bottom