Question

gopher46eagan

Reaction score
I know you folks have had this question before but... Can someone please tell me the best way to travel to and from the stadium Saturday night? I am coming from Bloomington. Is it easier to lite rail or park in a lot and shuttle bus? If shuttle please tell me where and I can do it that way. Thanks for all your help and go Gophs !!

I know you folks have had this question before but... Can someone please tell me the best way to travel to and from the stadium Saturday night? I am coming from Bloomington. Is it easier to lite rail or park in a lot and shuttle bus? If shuttle please tell me where and I can do it that way. Thanks for all your help and go Gophs !!

I don't have any personal experience taking the light rail so I can't recommend that route one way or the other. If you do go that route you'll want to hop off the LRT at the Metrodome station and catch the #16 bus down to campus.

The other option that I'd recommend is parking the the 19th/21st Street ramp on the West Bank and hopping on the West Bank shuttle. Its easy in/easy out since its right next to 35W and the shuttle picks you up right across the street from the ramp and drops you off right at the stadium.

Welcome to the board BTW!

I don't have any personal experience taking the light rail so I can't recommend that route one way or the other. If you do go that route you'll want to hop off the LRT at the Metrodome station and catch the #16 bus down to campus.

The other option that I'd recommend is parking the the 19th/21st Street ramp on the West Bank and hopping on the West Bank shuttle. Its easy in/easy out since its right next to 35W and the shuttle picks you up right across the street from the ramp and drops you off right at the stadium.

Welcome to the board BTW!

Thanks! I am a 4 year lurker and decided to join the fun. Appreciate the help. We are getting a late start so I will take your advice and get dropped off right at the staium.

Check out www.Metrotransit.com if you want to look at transit options. Light rail to the dome and then transfer to a bus from there is a decent possibility.

EAST RIVER FLATS! I parked there every day during undergrad - booyah!

Don't know if any of the downtown watering holes like Rosen's run a shuttle to the game. If they do you could ride the lite rail to the 5th st station and have a cold one beforehand. Does Sgt Prestons or any of the WB bars run a shuttle? That wouldn't be too bad a walk from the LR station on Franklin (I think that's what that stop's called).

LRT to West Bank

LRT works great; get off at West Bank stop; walk about 2 blocks and take shuttle right to stadium for free. After game, either walk back or take shuttle.

Awesome ideas. We are leaving Bloomington around 5pm. Do I have time for cold one 1st or do I need to get right to the place? I have been reading the posts about gates opening and people not getting to their seats right away? Have those issues been corrected? I'd rather miss a beer than miss the kick off. Are the stadium bars packed afterwards? Thats when I will need a beer !!

Awesome ideas. We are leaving Bloomington around 5pm. Do I have time for cold one 1st or do I need to get right to the place? I have been reading the posts about gates opening and people not getting to their seats right away? Have those issues been corrected? I'd rather miss a beer than miss the kick off. Are the stadium bars packed afterwards? Thats when I will need a beer !!

I totally forgot about the Cedar/Riverside station. If you're leaving at 5 then I might be a little concerned about the WB ramps filling up. So it might make sense to ride the LRT to the Cedar/Riverside station and walk to the shuttle like Les suggested. I've attached a map in case you aren't familiar with where the stop is in relation to the shuttle.

Attachments

• LRT_West Bank Shuttle.jpg
    LRT_West Bank Shuttle.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 13

No time for beer! Kick-off is at 6. Get your ass in the building. :D

Seriously, I got to the door 40-minutes before kick-off for the Wisconsin game and missed aboyt the first 5 minutes of the game. :mad: I was hoping to get to my seat 20-minutes early. The long-lines at the gate were back in full-force that day, and I expect they will be again for this game.

Thanks for everything you folks are a wealth of info. I actually will feel like I know what I am doing when I go. As far as the beer goes I will have a few before I leave its the friend I have to wait on. Hope my voice holds out. My seats are in Section 148. This isnt the MSU section I hope. By the way, Thanks for the map GoAUpher thats awesome.

Thanks for everything you folks are a wealth of info. I actually will feel like I know what I am doing when I go. As far as the beer goes I will have a few before I leave its the friend I have to wait on. Hope my voice holds out. My seats are in Section 148. This isnt the MSU section I hope. By the way, Thanks for the map GoAUpher thats awesome.

You're welcome gopher46. :)

And don't worry about section 148...it's one of the end zone sections (see attached for stadium seating chart and some shots of the virtual view from your section).

Attachments

• Sec 148.jpg
    Sec 148.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Sec 148_view01.jpg
    Sec 148_view01.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Sec 148_view02.jpg
    Sec 148_view02.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Sec 148_view03.jpg
    Sec 148_view03.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 5

Seriously, I got to the door 40-minutes before kick-off for the Wisconsin game and missed aboyt the first 5 minutes of the game. :mad: I was hoping to get to my seat 20-minutes early. The long-lines at the gate were back in full-force that day, and I expect they will be again for this game.

You will be there plenty early this week if you show up for a 6 pm kick....

Games at 7, not 6.

Top Bottom