QB going forward?

gophers141

Reaction score
Is it safe to say that Nelson will be starting for the rest of the season with Gray seen sporadically at WR?
Or will we let the senior QB get a couple more games to close out his career?

The way I've read the comments is that Nelson will get the nod as long as he stays healthy and you may see Gray in specialized duty.

Why not mix it up? Bring in two quarterbacks, and line one up at WR. Until the Gophers broke huddle, the opponent wouldn't know who the QB was going to be for that play.

Why not mix it up? Bring in two quarterbacks, and line one up at WR. Until the Gophers broke huddle, the opponent wouldn't know who the QB was going to be for that play.

How about Nelson in the pistol with Gray and a RB behind him? Or Nelson in regular shotgun with Gray on one side and a RB on the other? You can do all kinds of things with that (when Gray is healthy). Would be fun to see once in awhile anyways.

What Does Jerry Kill Mean?

The way I've read the comments is that Nelson will get the nod as long as he stays healthy and you may see Gray in specialized duty.

+1 Congratulations Sparlimb you actually listen to what Jerry Kill says. First he told everybody that he wanted to change the non-conference schedule and he did. Second, he said we have a very young team and if we were going to win we couldn't make mistakes and he was right. Third he said that Nelson would start if the other two QB's were not ready to play. They were not and so Nelson started. Fourth he said Nelson would be the primary QB for the rest of the season. Now people are wondering what that means. Sparlimb seems to know.

His players also seem to know what he means but the fans are still having difficulty. They believe that the way you change a program is to demand wins. Jerry says that you first need to build the program on solid ground by changing the culture. The problem with this radical idea is that it is especially hard to change a culture where there is 45 years of frustration along with a lack of understanding and patience that time is needed. You need to be patient people.

There are a lot of good things happening. No 55-0 beatdowns (yet). Nelson can sling the ball. Good D-Line.

OK fragile O-line and LBs.

Go Jerry. Coach'em up!

Someday my team will reward my patience. It will be satisfying when it does.

Top Bottom