Q&A: Zack Ziemer Has Mid-Major Offers, Will Gophers Be Next?

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Zack Ziemer Has Mid-Major Offers, Will Gophers Be Next?
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/183966?referrer_id=331171

Zack Ziemer, a 6-foot-5, 280-pound senior offensive tackle from Lakeville (MN) North, is one of the state’s top players. He attended the Minnesota games versus Illinois and Wisconsin last fall and the home opener versus New Hampshire this season. GopherHole.com recently caught up with Ziemer to find out the latest on his recruitment.

Ziemer helped lead Lakeville North to a 10-1 record last season, losing to Cretin Derham Hall 25-22 in the first round of the Class 5A state tournament. He was named honorable mention All-State by the Associated Press and St. Paul Pioneer Press and was second team All-Metro by the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

Ziemer was named preseason All-Metro by the Minneapolis Star Tribune and KARE-11 Sports.

Lakeville North was ranked third in the state in Class 6A before being upset by Prior Lake 10-6. However, the Panthers, who are averaging 40.6 points per game, bounced back to beat Burnsville 28-7 last Friday and have a good chance to win their remaining regular season games.

GopherHole.com recently caught up with Ziemer to find out the latest on his recruitment.

Gopher Hole: What college camps did you get a chance to attend this summer?

Zack Ziemer: I went to Minnesota twice. I went to Wisconsin, Iowa, Iowa State, Illinois, Kansas and NDSU.

Gopher Hole: You are off to a good start. You lost some talented players on offense, but it doesn’t seem like you have missed a beat. How pleased are you with how well you are playing so far?

Zack Ziemer: They are doing really well. Trey (Heid, the Star Tribune Metro Player of the Year) and Charlie (Hayes) were a big loss, but Brandon (Morgan) and Zack (Creighton) stepped up a lot so far and we are looking forward to a great season.

Gopher Hole: What colleges are you hearing from right now?

Zack Ziemer: I am still talking to Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa State, NDSU, SDSU, Montana, Wyoming, Kansas and TCU.

Gopher Hole: What are you hearing from the Gophers right now?

Zack Ziemer: They are still talking to me. They like what they saw in camp. They liked the film. They are waiting for a couple of more games for my senior film to come out.

Gopher Hole: What offers do you have right now?

Zack Ziemer: SDSU, NDSU, UND, University of South Dakota, University of Montana, Montana State and Miami of Ohio.

Gopher Hole: Do you have any plans to attend any other college games?

Zack Ziemer: I am planning on going to games every weekend. I’m not sure what games I am going to right now. I’ll kind of go by the weekend thing.

Gopher Hole: What things have you really been working on to improve yourself as a player for this season, but for also playing college football?

Zack Ziemer: I want to get bigger. Try to get my feet as fast as they can be. Getting stronger.

Good frame to add some weight and size.

Top Bottom