Q&A With Blaise Andries: Minnesota Career, NFL Combine, Playing Multiple Positions

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Chris:

The Spun: How has this draft process been treating you?

Blaise Andries: I’m having a wonderful time. I’m really enjoying this process. It’s a lot of hard work, but we signed up for that when we declared. After our final game of the season, I went home for two days, got myself packed up, and flew out to Phoenix to work out at Exos. I’m having a great time getting to know everyone. I’ve been down here for a month and a half. I also had a chance to compete in the East-West Shrine Bowl. They did a great job putting that event together. I had a chance to talk to all the scouts and tell my story. I was a bit limited because of my training the week before, but I’m all good now.

The Spun: Minnesota’s defensive line was quite loaded with talent. What were those battles in practice like?

BA: They were good stuff [laughs]. During the season, we’d have one day per week where we’d go full-go vs. the defense. There were some good battles. Esezi Otomewo and Boye Mafe are great. There are a couple of underrated guys on that defensive line too. We had Nyles Pinckney, who was the transfer from Clemson. He was only there for a year with me and he was probably one of my favorite defensive linemen to play with. Not only did we respect each other, we were able to get to the point where we’d coach each other up on little things we noticed. He was awesome, and I think he’ll have a good opportunity to have a nice career. We also had the linebacker, Jack Gibbens, who showed out at the NFLPA Bowl. I heard he balled out there.

The Spun: What are you hoping to show at the NFL Combine?

BA: It was awesome getting the invitation. The first thing I did was call my parents and text my friends about it. I saw someone say they got an invite via email so I immediately checked mine to see if I got it as well. I wasn’t supposed to get word until the next day. I filled out the paperwork as soon as I could. I was actually at the Shrine Bowl when it happened.

I’m expecting to go out there and show NFL personnel my best. I’ve been doing a lot of amazing things at Exos. I’ve seen a lot of improvement, seen myself get stronger, faster and more explosive. I’m excited to test my limits at the Combine.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom