Purdue's Robbie Hummel done for the year

Reaction score
Just got a text from my "inside" guy down in WL. Too bad. Boilers were starting to peak at the right time.

That is a real shame. This kid played through incredible pain with that bad back and I think his teammates thrived on his example. I wish him only the best.

That stinks, too bad for Hummel and Purdue. I was hoping they would overtake MSU for the Big 10 title. Looks like Izzo will finally end his streak of not winning the conference, which I believe is currently 7 years.

I guess we have a slight disagreement between Boiler and FOT.

I hope this isn't true. A healthy Purdue could carry the B10 flag deep into the NCAAs.

Interesting

Not at all. Hummel was quoted this week that he was playing pain free, finally.

I guess this is how crazy rumors start. Everyone tries to scoop everyone else. I followed up with a few other people to see what they've heard and they also said Hummel was likely done for the year, but now one of them just texted me and said he's going through warm-ups as we speak like he's going to play today vs. IU. If he was shelfed for the year, he wouldn't even be suiting up, at least one would think.

Like FOT said, Hummel was quoted as saying he felt fine after the MSU game but then another x-ray was taken and the fracture had gotten worse, so that is why there was talk of shutting him down for the season.

What the hell do I know :D

Glad that he is still playing.

I guess this is how crazy rumors start. Everyone tries to scoop everyone else. I followed up with a few other people to see what they've heard and they also said Hummel was likely done for the year, but now one of them just texted me and said he's going through warm-ups as we speak like he's going to play today vs. IU. If he was shelfed for the year, he wouldn't even be suiting up, at least one would think.

Like FOT said, Hummel was quoted as saying he felt fine after the MSU game but then another x-ray was taken and the fracture had gotten worse, so that is why there was talk of shutting him down for the season.

What the hell do I know :D

Hummel won't heal until he rests his back for a couple, few months.

Any news on how he is now, after the head injury he got in today's game?

Top Bottom