Purdue Lands Hudson Card (TX) in Portal

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score
Darn. No wonder Drew Brees is rumored to be in staff at Purdue next year. The portal has upgraded Purdue, Wisconsin snd Iowa fairly dramatically at QB. West Division offenses might be more dynamic in 2023.

Last edited:

Darn. No wonder Drew Brees is rumored to be in staff at Purdue next year. The portal has upgrade Purdue, Wisconsin snd Iowa fairly dramatically at QB. West Division offenses might be more dynamic in 2023.

I think that’s debatable. Three QBs with very limited results playing with superior talent to most opponents.

PJ needs to keep working the portal for DE and DB, we'll need them with all the actual QBs coming into conference

I think O’Connell is better than Card.
Yah-E would like Card as a transfer. Card was a high 4* (0.9721), and No.2 rated dual QB in the country, coming out of HS. Ranked the 59th best HS player in America. Played early for the Longhorns. Got displaced by Quinn Evers and Arch Manning, both of whom ranked as the No. 1 HS player in America in their respective years, coming out of HS. I think this was a really good "get" for Purdue. Is he an adequate replacement for O'Connell? We'll see.

Yah-E would like Card as a transfer. Card was a high 4* (0.9721), and No.2 rated dual QB in the country, coming out of HS. Ranked the 59th best HS player in America. Played early for the Longhorns. Got displaced by Quinn Evers and Arch Manning, both of whom ranked as the No. 1 HS player in America in their respective years, coming out of HS. I think this was a really good "get" for Purdue. Is he an adequate replacement for O'Connell? We'll see.
He’s alright. One notch worse than Casey Thompson (who I think is decent).

Any Power 5 portal medium fish is a notch up in my book than any of those mid-conference big fishes! 😆

However….this portal get has nothing to do with us so I say meeeeehhh 👎

Regardless of what people think of the various transfer QBs committing to our rivals, I believe that the Gophers, and Purdue, Wisconsin and Iowa, will all be improved at QB in 2023. And Nebbie already has a pretty decent guy. I wonder what Illinois and Northwestern have up their sleeves for next year.

Last edited:

Regardless of what people think of the various transfer QBs committing to our rivals, I believe that the Gophers, and Purdue, Wisconsin and Iowa, will all be improved at QB in 2023. And Nebbie already has a pretty decent guy. I wonder what Illinois and Northwester have up their sleeves for next year.

Iowa will be interesting. The kid who transferred from Michigan... will he suddenly transform their offense? Was it poor QB play that made Iowa's offense finish 13th in the conference, or was it the coordinator?

How will the coaching changes at Purdue and Wisconsin impact their respective offenses?

Will Illinois be as good with all the player personnel changes?

Regardless of what people think of the various transfer QBs committing to our rivals, I believe that the Gophers, and Purdue, Wisconsin and Iowa, will all be improved at QB in 2023. And Nebbie already has a pretty decent guy. I wonder what Illinois and Northwester have up their sleeves for next year.
I don’t think Purdue is improved at QB. And I’m not sure Wisconsin is either since it looks like they’ll be putting someone in with almost no experience. I think Iowa improved, but I don’t think QB play was the only reason their offense struggled.

Big Ten West is turning into the landing spot for ex-Texas QB's.

Advantage for the Gophers might be that we have the most seasoned (with their current team) QB in the West going into next year.

Purdue's own Brady Allen, another 4-star hit the portal on his way out yesterday.

Iowa will be interesting. The kid who transferred from Michigan... will he suddenly transform their offense? Was it poor QB play that made Iowa's offense finish 13th in the conference, or was it the coordinator?

How will the coaching changes at Purdue and Wisconsin impact their respective offenses?

Will Illinois be as good with all the player personnel changes?
You're right, they still have Brian Ferentz.

Top Bottom