Purdue Head Coach COVID 19 Positive

Yah-E

Bulieve
Reaction score
Not good timing at all
First coach in the Big Ten

If you would have asked me two weeks ago “which B1G head coach is most likely to test positive for covid?” I would have answered “Jeff Brohm” without hesitation.

obviously anyone can catch it, even people doing their best to take every precaution. But, Brohm seems like one of those hard core ‘I ain’t got time to bleed’ types that would be more likely, in my estimation, to ignore it and cary on with low levels of caution.

Does the 21 day rule apply to coaches?

Taken from a NBC sports report. Nothing said about coaches as to sitting out.

To start, anyone who takes the field for games or practices-- every student-athlete, coach, or staff member-- will need to undergo daily COVID-19 testing. If anyone tests positive, they will take another, different test to confirm the results.

Then, any student-athlete who does test positive will have to wait a minimum of 21 days, and undergo comprehensive cardiac testing to ensure that their body is fit to play. The Big Ten will also send all of this cardiac data to newly established registries, so that they can study the effects of COVID-19 as the student-athletes recover.

Of course could be a negative a la Coach Saban...

Big Ten rules require Jeff Brohm to remain in isolation for at least 10 days and then would allow him to return if he has been symptom-free for 24 hours. He'll miss the game this weekend with Iowa.

So like someone was saying in the other thread, I wonder if this indeed means he tested positive on a daily saliva test, then did a PCR test (perhaps with a low cycle limit), and tested positive again on that?

Top Bottom