PSU QB Clifford deletes social media, “sick and tired of getting death threats ”

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score

I’m a huge Gopher fan. Wouldn’t send death threats to a player ever. Or even criticisms to their personal accounts. Sad to see this.

There are a lot of good things about social media but the way it allows cowards to hide behind a curtain of anonymity and say hurtful and disgusting things is one of the worst aspects of it.

Any fan that is so caught up in things that they would stoop to issuing a death threat towards any athlete (pro or college) is just sad. How anyone can be that hateful and evil is just beyond me.

It’s Pennsylvania. There are a lot of wackadoos.

Remember earlier in the year they had the old white guy who had the gall to send a letter to a PSU player with long dreadlocks and complain about them.

Remember earlier in the year they had the old white guy who had the gall to send a letter to a PSU player with long dreadlocks and complain about them.

This is very much not just a Pennsylvania problem. These wackadoos are everywhere on the internet. Face to face they would never dream of saying half the stuff they say but when you put the safety of a keyboard in front of them it is really easy to be ignorant and disgusting with no real fear of repercussions.

Really is a shame there is not a way to easily punish people who make threats of bodily harm towards someone else on-line.

That sucks.
Teams are used to being beat by Minnesota. Hard adjustment for them.

While I didn't agree with the letter, that has nothing to do with this situation. The letter was signed, and complained about the player's hair. The death threats are anonymous and they're death threats, not hair styling suggestions.

Clifford's boat sprung a leak from a Nekton Sharknado bite ?.

I’ll bet most college and NFL players have dealt with this after a bad game. It’s terrible, but I’m not surprised that Clifford is the one being a drama queen. The solution is simple. If he stays off social media, he won’t see it. He can still tweet and ignore the replies and mentions.

Last edited:

Top Bottom