Proposed rule changes per NCAA rules survey

What are the advantages of that foul system? Seems like players would still sit after #2 in the first half and be out after #3 in the second...

What are the advantages of that foul system? Seems like players would still sit after #2 in the first half and be out after #3 in the second...
You don't sit out until you've committed your 4th foul in a half. Three is fine, four you're out.

The rule I would like is when there is an officals time out, during the last 2 minutes of a game, players cannot go to their bench and/or confer with their coaching staff.
I would argue anytime. Allowing congregation at the bench, including stools, managers, etc results in free timeouts and 60 seconds *additional* delay while everything gets cleaned up. In hockey they would either drop the puck or assess a delay of game penalty.

Trivial rule change I'd like: At the opening tip-off, players should only be allowed to be on their half of the court.

Please add: if after consultation refs cannot determine who a ball went out of bounds off of, a jump ball is called. No more replay on out of bounds calls.

Why give more fouls? It's proportional to the NBA. 1 foul per 8 minutes.

Make traveling legal?
Better TV product.

You’re welcome for all the TV money that funds all of this.

Sure as hell ain’t from ticket sales.

Didnt we already try the defense gets the ball on a held ball................no

The 10 second count show not be taken away. I like rewarding good defense. Dumb

And didnt they already get rid of the 5 second closely guarded rule? I thought that rule went away when they lowered the shot clock. Cant remember the last time i saw a ref count it

Realize there are like 30 changes proposed every year and they implement like 2.

But I agree I'm against anything that makes college basketball more like the NBA.

If they ever decide to advance the ball after a timeout, then I'm officially done with the sport.
You know your favorite team is usually the one attempting the last second miracle comeback, correct?...........

B1G announcers were advocating for more NBA rules.

Either should be a rule or actually enforced. Delay of game after a made basket if the scoring team touches the ball.

I notice it so much in NCAA now after the NBA implemented this a few years ago. Bothers the hell out of me in the college game.

Rule I would like to see passed, after a made free throw, the only player that can be replaced is the shooter. Speed up the game.

I really like the rule that a team can opt out of taking free throws and instead elect to take the ball out of bounds.

They tried this about 20 years ago in the Great Alaska Shootout and one team racked up over 20 fouls because the other team kept electing to inbound the ball and were successful at it. The last minute lasted even longer than it lasts these days. It was the worst thing I ever saw.

The rule I would like is when there is an officals time out, during the last 2 minutes of a game, players cannot go to their bench and/or confer with their coaching staff.
I would like monitor reviews eliminated all together. I think officials have become lazy because they know they have that fallback.

I must prefer watching old games over current generation and it's amazing how close calls were just accepted and the game continued immediately without a three minute delay where the correct call still may or may not have been made.

I would like monitor reviews eliminated all together. I think officials have become lazy because they know they have that fallback.

I must prefer watching old games over current generation and it's amazing how close calls were just accepted and the game continued immediately without a three minute delay where the correct call still may or may not have been made.
Agreed. I want replay eliminated for everything in every sport.

1. Yes, international is already 16 feet.
2. If you are going to reset, just play 4 quarters like the women do.
3. Yes to electronics. Football and volleyball already do this.
4. NO to 6 fouls!!!!
5. No to playground rules.
6. No - You only have 3 TOs in the 2nd half anyway. Just reset TOs to 1 full & a 30 for OT, instead of adding TOs.
7. No to more replay.
8. No, that's just stupid.
9. Yes. The ball is dead already.
10. No - see GAS example
11. Yes
12. I'm of 2 minds on this. Sometimes refs are fast to call a legal spin move traveling, but not a big fan of the euro-step and crow hop step back.
13. Yes. With a shot clock, it seems redundant.

Top Bottom