Previewing a Massive Day for 2020 Men's NCAA Tournament Bubble Teams (Main Event: Indiana at Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per David:

The Main Event

Indiana has mustered only a 1-5 record since starting 15-4. For now, the Hoosiers remain in decent position thanks to a 4-7 mark opposite Quadrant I competition.

But if the recent skid adds another loss, how many additional letdowns can Indiana survive? Considering the remaining schedule has one NCAA lock (Penn State), two expected at-large teams (Illinois and Wisconsin) and two bubble teams (Purdue and Minnesota), that answer could be tested.

Minnesota is facing a similar question. At some point, the Golden Gophers will run out of excusable losses.

Ordinarily, a 12-12 record would set a program well outside of the bubble conversation. Minnesota, though, has 10 Q-I losses. And thanks to four Q-I wins, the Gophers are hanging around.

Wednesday's result is not a make-or-break game for either side. However, the loss is guaranteed to be a painful one.

Go Gophers!!

Perfect summation of tonight's game.

I also think it's important that the winner of tonight's game completes the sweep when the teams play again in Bloomington.

I know it’s not technically make or break, but it feels just about as close to it as you can get.

Top Bottom