Predicting Week 11 AP and Coaches Polls

matt

Let's get weird
Reaction score
Things to consider:
#6 Florida lost to #7/8 Georgia
#11/12 Auburn with an unimpressive win over Ole Miss, 20-14 (spread was AUB -17.5)
#12/11 Baylor with an unimpressive win over West Virginia, 17-14 (spread was BAY -17.5)
#14/15 Michigan wins @ Maryland, 38-7
#15/14 SMU loses @ #24/23 Memphis, 54-48

My prediction? Michigan jumps us in the AP and we drop to 14. Spots 10-14 are occupied by Florida, Auburn, Baylor, Michigan, and Minnesota with about a 150 point difference between 10 and 14. In the Coaches Poll, we tie Auburn for 12. That's right, I'm predicting a tie. You heard it here first!

AP #14
Coaches Poll #T-12

Notre Dame barely winning should help us in terms of Michigan not jumping us.

I really want to say we pass Baylor but I’ll say we stay put in the AP but in the committee rankings we are 12th ahead of them.

Was really hoping Florida would bow UGA out, doubt we pass Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think we end up at 10 or 11, as both Baylor and Auburn played poorly in their wins and Florida suffered their 2nd loss in a game that Georgia controlled more than the score would indicate.

Why would Michigan pass Minnesota in the polls?

Michigan beats Maryland by 31 points.

Minnesota beat Maryland by 42 points.

I know we played the Terps at home while Michigan beat them at Maryland, but home field vs. away shouldn't be worth 11 points.

Why would Michigan pass Minnesota in the polls?

Michigan beats Maryland by 31 points.

Minnesota beat Maryland by 42 points.

I know we played the Terps at home while Michigan beat them at Maryland, but home field vs. away shouldn't be worth 11 points.

I was actually surprised MI didn’t jump us last week. Not for any reason other than the polls always LOVE Michigan (& ND for that matter). I think they will jump is this week now as well.

about 20 ballots had SMU ahead of Minnesota, some quite a bit ahead....with SMU losing to Memphis, Gophers will get a nice boost in points from those ballots...a couple voters had App State ahead of Gophs...that is over...I agree Michigan might pass us...Cinci not impressive, but added a W...some more ballots might put Cinci ahead of Minnesota, same with Auburn and ND, even though neither of those two were really impressive.

https://collegepolltracker.com/football/grid

Last edited:

#11 on ESPN Power Rankings, ahead of Florida, Auburn, Michigan

I don’t see why any team that won or had a bye would be jumped by any other team that was lower than them last week.

Could happen, but that’s my opinion. Especially later in the season, I don’t believe in “unimpressive” wins. Players are playing hurt, players have injuries, the season is dragging on .... a win is a win.

I think Florida will move down but not out of the top 10. SMU will move down but we were already ahead of them.

Last edited:

We will slot in at 10-12 range and then if we beat Penn State we will be in the 5-6 range

So, apparently, Michigan beating Maryland by 31 yesterday was a more impressive result than Minnesota beating Maryland by 42 a week ago?

That 31 point win will jump a 2-loss Michigan team over the 8-0 Gophers?

I don’t see why any team that won or had a bye would be jumped by any other team that was lower than them last week.

Could happen, but that’s my opinion. Especially later in the season, I don’t believe in “unimpressive” wins. Players are playing hurt, players have injuries, the season is dragging on .... a win is a win.

I think Georgia will move down but not out of the top 10. SMU will move down but we were already ahead of them.

Kindly explain.

Gophers remain at #13 in coaches poll.

Only movement above us in the Coaches Poll was Florida dropping 5 slots and everyone after them moving up one slot. Glad the Coaches poll kept Michigan behind us!

We should be ahead of two loss Florida, but it's all academic if we win next week.

Only movement above us in the Coaches Poll was Florida dropping 5 slots and everyone after them moving up one slot. Glad the Coaches poll kept Michigan behind us!

I don’t see why AP would be different. Unless writers like to be controversial in order to give themselves something to write about.

Top Bottom