Potential Gophers recruit and son of Randy Carter, Chase Carter talks with Gopherhole's Tony Liebert

Interesting situation for him. Believe he does need to decide what sport he wants to play in college to get a better idea of whats out there for him and also to concentrate on as to preparation. To me its just too difficult to play both. Regardless of sport, he'll have plenty of offers.

I’m guessing he plays basketball. Heck of an athlete.

He’s playing football - has officials with 3 B1G teams over the next month.

Are the Gophers listed again just as a courtesy or a real option?

We've seen this movie before.

Great kid who happens to excel in a couple sports and not one. Has a choice of playing in front of his family and friends, getting a solid education here, and more openings as to employment here.

Or he can establish his own path and no offense, while I wish him well, I won't be rooting for him. Much like I won't be rooting for Suggs to get drafted by the T-Wolves. Jones was drafted by the T-Wolves, didn't play much until the end due to lack of experience and then bolted. Not much loyalty once they leave here. Why should I root for them if and when they leave?

It just continues to surprise me why, as the only D-1 program in the entire State, Minnesota loses the majority of top level high school talent. Outside of hockey, for those that think it's a major sport.

It's certainly not a coaching issue because every coach has experienced the exodus.

It just continues to surprise me why, as the only D-1 program in the entire State, Minnesota loses the majority of top level high school talent. Outside of hockey, for those that think it's a major sport.

It's certainly not a coaching issue because every coach has experienced the exodus.

Are you just copy and pasting your old comments now?

debbie-downer.jpg

The rumors for quite some time have been between MSU and Iowa for Carter.

Hoping Fleck can reel in a top Minnesota kid at some point.

I'd be fine with top kids from other states if they're better. At this point in time, we're not a hotbed for football talent.

We have Bixby already and another strong DE on campus this weekend… I don’t think we even offered Chase at this point.

We have Bixby already and another strong DE on campus this weekend… I don’t think we even offered Chase at this point.
And with the chance he'll play basketball, not sure he is someone you want to spend an excessive amount of time recruiting.

And with the chance he'll play basketball, not sure he is someone you want to spend an excessive amount of time recruiting.

Yeah it's always a question of resources. They don't have infinite resources to recruit everyone. Always some "why didn't we get this guy" when maybe they knew the odds were low to begin with?

There have been a number of schools out there who really put a lot of time into some high(er) profile players and have even gotten a few of them... but then found that spending all your time on what turns out to just a couple guys ... does not make for a good football team.

Hate that he would be in the BiG, better if he went to MSU. At least it’s not Becky! Now let’s get a different talent from somewhere else that wants to be here.

Hate that he would be in the BiG, better if he went to MSU. At least it’s not Becky! Now let’s get a different talent from somewhere else that wants to be here.
You can hear it already "I just didn't want to go to the same school as my dad, I want to make my own legacy". (made up quote by me)

It is interesting that Chase Carter did not get a Gophers offer. We may never know the full story. I trust the Gophers have assessed him properly. They want players who are all in on football.

Meh. I think we did a ton better with dl recruits so far this cycle....
I don't care where a kid comes from.. I could care less if we had 0 instate kids commit. Take the best kids possible

Top Bottom