Postgame Observations

I'll take a win like that every single time, but someone said Fleck outcoached Brohm. Purdue dominated much of the game. 28 first downs to 12. We won the turnover battle and won. No way was Brohm outcoached, though.
Brohm was not outcoached, IMHO. . The Gopher players executed better and more efficiently than the Purdue players (who did pretty well themselves). We got sacks; they didn’t. We forced turnovers; they didn’t. We hit some very key plays at inflection points of the game; they didn’t. We made very few mistakes. We won because our players executed a little bit better.

Last edited:

Zero reason to replace Morgan. There is no way it happens without injury.
I get everyone needs to white knight for Morgan but we're kidding ourselves if we look at his body of work the last two years and act like it has been beyond reproach. Regardless I agree that if he's not concussed or in the hospital no one else is playing.

I get everyone needs to white knight for Morgan but we're kidding ourselves if we look at his body of work the last two years and act like it has been beyond reproach. Regardless I agree that if he's not concussed or in the hospital no one else is playing.
It hasn’t been bad enough to warrant a benching. You are counting a short 2020 season and this season as his last two seasons, when in reality last year and this year so far combined is like one season of work.

— Nobody, except you, mentioned "beyond reproach".

— Morgan's "body of work" is judged every single day, in practice and on film, by the coaching staff. So far, his "body of work" includes being a better option — in their eyes — than any other QB on the roster.

Not beyond reproach, but jeez, I've seen tons of dropped passes (some that would have been huge) and stupid penalties that have negated several explosive and key plays. Fix even a few of those and this offense, Morgan's stats, and the team's record would look different.

It hasn’t been bad enough to warrant a benching. You are counting a short 2020 season and this season as his last two seasons, when in reality last year and this year so far combined is like one season of work.
I hope they aren't looking in isolation at how good or bad his performance as been and whether it warrants a benching. They should be looking every week at his performance, and whether they have anyone on the roster who would do better. As of now, I assume they still think that the performance Tanner Morgan gives us is better than what any of the other QBs are capable of at this time.

Not beyond reproach, but jeez, I've seen tons of dropped passes (some that would have been huge) and stupid penalties that have negated several explosive and key plays. Fix even a few of those and this offense, Morgan's stats, and the team's record would look different.
I wouldn't deny that

Top Bottom