Posters' Motives

bailee88

Reaction score
I don't understand why people feel the need to be so critical of the Gophers. If you are a fan of the Gophers and want to help, making negative posts does just the opposite. If you just need to vent, fine but don't criticize college kids and don't get so personal. I am guessing some peopel just have an axe to grind and will complain no matter what. If you have really given up on the Gophers, just go away. Don't try to ruin the experience for the rest of us. Even if the Gophers lose every game from now on I will still be a fan. I am a Gopher fan and they are my team. They will never hold out for more money or threaten to move to L.A. If you want things to improive be part of the solution not part of the problem. Most of the people in here being critical the only coaching they have ever done is coaching their fantasy football team.

Collegiate football...like the reality of life...

is composed of positives, negatives and shades of gray. Personally, I'm a "glass half-full" person, but a board of non-stop optimism/homerism would be incredibly boring and probably useless to most GHers. All the drama and bipolar-ism of this board is simply part of the incredibly colorful fabric of a great Saturday game day experience. Post on!

because

Some people need to hide behind the computer and vent. Its so anonymous. Its funny how most posters need to keep their identities secret. Its like a secret world. In public, many of the negative posters would not open their mouth and say the things they write.

Some people need to hide behind the computer and vent. Its so anonymous. Its funny how most posters need to keep their identities secret. Its like a secret world. In public, many of the negative posters would not open their mouth and say the things they write.

+1000, that's why I have never made it a secret of who I am (Christopher Royston). It's cowardly to hide behind a monicker and be so critical.

So if you complain you're not a fan? Sorry, can't and won't buy this one.

I agree - some posts cross the line on personal attacks on players, but critisizing the results on the field of Gopher players is nothing that should be admonished. If you watched yesterday's game and weren't upset by the play you probably don't care about the program.

Coaches yell and critisize players on negative things that happen on nearly every play of every game. Are they not trying to be part of the solution?

Any player that is so affected by reading a post by an anonymous fan on Gopherhole, that it destroys their game, is probably a player I would not want on the team anyway.

I don't understand why people feel the need to be so critical of the Gophers. If you are a fan of the Gophers and want to help, making negative posts does just the opposite.
No it doesn't. We can post here negatively or positively here all day and you know what effect it will have on the program? Absolutely nothing. It is the height of hubris to think that somehow whatever words we pound out into the internet have any impact on the product on the field.
If you just need to vent, fine but don't criticize college kids and don't get so personal.
This is fair, however most of the people who say this then turn around and get personal with anyone critical of the program.
I am guessing some peopel just have an axe to grind and will complain no matter what. If you have really given up on the Gophers, just go away. Don't try to ruin the experience for the rest of us.
There's a difference between giving up on the staff and giving up on the team.
Even if the Gophers lose every game from now on I will still be a fan. I am a Gopher fan and they are my team. They will never hold out for more money or threaten to move to L.A. If you want things to improive be part of the solution not part of the problem. Most of the people in here being critical the only coaching they have ever done is coaching their fantasy football team.
Appeal to authority itt.

Top Bottom