Post game comments

I keep coming to check for some announcement that might give me some hope for improvement. Will we be the only winless team after today?

The tackling angles were bad all game, and we do a very poor job up front of hand fighting and letting the offensive line man handle the front four. If your gonna spin don't turn you back and get completely taken out of the play by being pushed sideways. Mafe is all over the place and running out of his gaps way too much. He is very fast but he is taking himself out of plays by not keeping the ball in front of him. As a defense we are playing way to fricken passive and scared because of the lack of success. Defense has to be played forward, not standing flat footed and not attacking the football. We have people constantly running themselves out of position and taking bad angles to the ball from the side. Tackling better should be on everyone's mind.
Safety's are drifting and not doing a job of staying over the top. I feel bad for # 55 he is trying so damn hard to cover up for so many mistakes and he lacks quickness a little bit. That guy plays his rear end off, I want him on my team every time.
Rush is not a stand up defensive end like Coughlin was, he doesn't have the knack for it, this is stupid to be playing him that close to the line. Play a four man or a three man front and let the linebackers actually fit and attack up front instead of getting swallowed up at the line of scrimmage. Tired of all of these out of the gate and explosive plays because of stupid mistakes, and not being able to plug up the line of scrimmage. Gophers have to tackle better, it is a tough season when your not really prepared to play with a full training camp and get the extra games. I hope people get over the cream puff crap and realize that non-conference games are important for the competition and getting people used to playing together.
I see far too good of athletes and way better football players on the field than the execution and what is happening. I don't like the labels and what is happening, about sucking, they should expect more of themselves on defense. The old defenses used to stiffen up and cause turnovers, and tackle like they were kicking some butt and rallied to the ball. I sure hope they can get better because it is a dang shame that they are giving up so many yards and points.
WAIT. We have safeties?

The affinity for Wiley needs to stop at this point. He shouldn't get any PT.

Potts looks like he's really gonna be a good player in this league. Once again I hope they get more creative with him on offense. I think he can become a 3rd option-type in the passing game. And then spell Mo whenever he needs a break. Kid can play.
Wiley always looks lost.

Sanford is a HORRIBLE play caller. He has to go NOW. No imagination. Running off tackle when he should try some misdirection once in a while. how about a reverse? 15 passes? Someone tell him they have not outlawed the forward pass.

Wiley always looks lost.

Wiley looks like he's an Eddie George / Derrick Henry style running back but currently lacking the 30 lbs of muscle.

Young kid yet. Maybe he's a bit anxious out there as well.
But he's not going to run up against Big Ten D-lineman and LB's and push them around.

Sanford is a HORRIBLE play caller. He has to go NOW. No imagination. Running off tackle when he should try some misdirection once in a while. how about a reverse?
I mean i see the point in the boring play calling but we ran all over them for 3 quarters. Adjustments should have been made that 4th quarter though but the offense is NOT why were 0-2

That's exactly what I'm wondering. I was saying if they score 21 points on you in the 1st quarter, how do you not try the subs? Unless they are even worse which is hard to imagine...

They’re backups for a reason

Empire class is gone and PJ has replaced them with these guys....oh boy. Mason years (No D) starting to sound familiar to anyone?

Top Bottom