Positives Thread

Another positive for the future in my opinion is the production from the underclassmen. The 461 yards of rushing and receiving broken down by class:
- Seniors: 95 yards (20.1%)
- Juniors: 22 yards (4.8%)
- Sophomores: 111 yards (24.1%)
- Freshman: 233 yards (50.5%)

That 74.6% of the offense coming from underclassmen RBs, WRs, and TEs.
Interesting point - and at key offensive positions.

Positive: Offensive play progression was sometimes (Maybe even often) something other than run, run, pass. I would love to see some sort of summary about this (1st down % run vs. % pass, etc.). I don't think we are good enough yet to be predictable. I thought the calls were even borderline creative. It kept Michigan guessing, and we got the ball into the hands of our playmakers.

kj maye. dude has stepped up!

It's a positive that GH'ers are really nice people. :cool02:

Here's a positive everyone overlooked. Zero penalties for the bench obstructing the referees running along sodelines.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

- Great weather for a Halloween Game
- Fans were in the game throughout and so were the Gophers
- Fine Passing game numbers without turnovers
- Negative Nancys who whined about how the Gophers not only couldn't but shouldn't throw, silent for another week.
- Solid fireworks show after the game
- Fun ballgame for 59:43

Should he keep throwing to blanketed receivers?

Yes he has to take chances for us to loosen up defenses. Harbaugh said it after the game that MN was aggressive on offense. Without taking chances, the Lingen plays never happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you, Section2! This is one of my favorite threads of the season, fun and enjoyable to read. I made some notes Sunday morning and am happy many have been stated here by others. Thanks to all of you for pointing out things we can own and build on.

One impression I've had since Kill took over and I started to learn more about the Gopher program was the negative, defeatist culture that exists "here." It's common and prevalent and GH posters often refer to it with almost a sense of pride. The biggest challenge in trying to change the culture is belief. Now within the program, players and coaches are this staff's, but there still exists some collective mindset, as well as administration and community that are tougher to change because they're out of "football's" control, and the community only gets limited doses and exposure to the new culture.

I'm still bummed about Killer. I've had so many conversations since Wednesday that point out perhaps his greatest strength. He made anyone who talked with him feel like a friend. People tend to embrace their friends. He's done some remarkable, tangible things for so many people, and some intangible ones like making people believe success can happen in Minnesota.

I'm not one to put wins and losses on officials, but being biased it seemed pass interference was incredibly one-sided. Officials are human and replay only helps offset some of the judgment bias they are prone to since they're not oblivious to Michigan's history compared to Minnesota's (in their lifetime). That's the last hurdle: getting a fair shake and changing the external perception of the program. I think the coaches and players are there.

Top Bottom