PJ Flecks details his post-game handshake with Jerry Kill (video)

whenever drama comes PJ's way, he just slaps it in the face.

So happy this is the man leading my favorite team and teaching the people representing this team. This is why I have made him and his slogans part of my life as a manager. Some don't like it, but I understand the meaning behind them and realize it is not only football, but life also. Sorry, had a few beers.......................

One thing I noticed is PJ putting his arm over the shoulder of kill. A dominant position. A leadership position. Maybe nothing more than just a bro hug, but could be.

Last edited:

One thing I noticed is PJ putting his arm over the shoulder of kill. A dominant position. A leadership position. Maybe nothing more than just a bro hug, but could be.
Also a way to diffuse any tension, Jerry probably felt good about the way Fleck handled the situation.

So happy this is the man leading my favorite team and teaching the people representing this team. This is why I have made him and his slogans part of my life as a manager. Some don't like it, but I understand the meaning behind them and realize it is not only football, but life also. Sorry, had a few beers.......................
After watching that clip, I wanted to marry the man. No beers either. :)

They had a long pre-game handshake and talk, too. (long being a relative term, here)

I still don't know that I buy that this wasn't just some gamesmanship and/or showmanship, to try to add some intrigue to an otherwise boring, essentially "preseason" type of game.

Also a way to diffuse any tension, Jerry probably felt good about the way Fleck handled the situation.
PJ did an excellent job of diffusing the situation and putting it to rest. Kill let his emotions get him into trouble and didn’t have the maturity to swallow his pride.

That is what makes PJ a great leader. He just jogged into the storm and killed it. I would not be surprised if PJ has Kill in for a visit after he stops coaching.

Thanks for the videos. I like that the crowd cheered when they shook hands after the game. If I were being skeptical, I might think Fleck was holding Jerry in place with the arm wrapped around the neck so anyone who wanted a picture of the handshake could get one ;)

Thanks for the videos. I like that the crowd cheered when they shook hands after the game. If I were being skeptical, I might think Fleck was holding Jerry in place with the arm wrapped around the neck so anyone who wanted a picture of the handshake could get one ;)
If I were being skeptical, I'd say the arm around the neck, and the loooong handshake was to stop Kill from walking away. Which is what it looked to me like he was trying to do.

How did the crow react prior to the game when Kill was introduced?

Did Kill not do a post game press conference?

At introduction there was a little weak booing... I'd say 75% in favor of Kill, 25% adverse. Late on the game some young people near my group tried to get a "Jerry-Jerry" chant going to mock the impending outcome. It never got close to getting off the ground.

It probably cawed.
giphy.gif

Very quiet boos when they introduced the team and Jerry. Far fewer boos than a B1G opponent would get.

I would say it was more apathy for a non con opponent than anything to do with Jerry.

It’s such a quick intro I don’t think people have much time to react much.

Not sure if posted

Kill said he will never be the same person after having to leave Minnesota.

Sometimes a good old face to face meeting is just the elixir for mending a relationship. He was in the wrong here but Jerry's attitude is the result of caring so much about his professional life and pride. I'm willing to bet Jerry never slept better after a blowout loss.

Top Bottom