Pitino Presser. He Looks a Little Nervous

I'm for one rooting for him. I believe with a fresh start he'll do better. No doubt he'll sit down with his dad and others to discuss the season.
Seemed like his Dad should have helped him here at MN more. Sounded like the only time he ever offered help was when Iona was on covid pause and he gave Rich tips on how to guard Garza

I'm for one rooting for him. I believe with a fresh start he'll do better. No doubt he'll sit down with his dad and others to discuss the season.
If he’s successful maybe we can rehire.

At this point he's on the Steve Alford career track...

Doesn't look nervous to me, looks like a usual Pitino presser.

The fact that he had to jump at the first job offered that will pay him "only" 775k per year, speaks volumes about how grossly overpaid he was for what he did(n't do) here, and how much he and his people know it.

Seemed like his Dad should have helped him here at MN more. Sounded like the only time he ever offered help was when Iona was on covid pause and he gave Rich tips on how to guard Garza
Once dad fled the country to coach in Greece he wasn't around much

He can’t coach, develop players, or make in game adjustments. Not sure why gopher fans want to fellate him now. He’s dead in the water.

The fact that he had to jump at the first job offered that will pay him "only" 775k per year, speaks volumes about how grossly overpaid he was for what he did(n't do) here, and how much he and his people know it.
I’ll keep repeating this. He got offered the job. That isn’t his fault. I know no one who would turn down a job that pays 3-4x what they are making because they arent qualified. He was offered. He accepted. $20 mil later he gets a new job. Good for him.

I think he won the press conference. That leaves Adam Gase and that weirdo the Lions just hired as the only coaches in history to lose the press conference.
I think the Lions have had others lose a press conference. Which is really impressive.

At this point he's on the Steve Alford career track...

Pitino has a ways to go there.

Prior to going to Iowa, Alford had a .619 winning percentage in four years at Missouri State

At Iowa, Alford was .589, not that great but he ---

1) had only one losing season (his first) in 8 years;
2) had three NCAA tournaments in 8 years (not that great but better than Pitino);
3) won two Big Ten tournaments.

At New Mexico, he had a winning percentage of .749 in 6 years. I'll be absolutely shocked if Pitino does that well

I think he won the press conference. That leaves Adam Gase and that weirdo the Lions just hired as the only coaches in history to lose the press conference.
Herm Edwards played his press conference to an unimpressive draw at best.

Top Bottom