Pitino are you watching.....

GrayShouldPlayReceiver

Reaction score
I know Gonzaga is stacked but watching them pass the ball is stunning!!! I’d take 1/4 of that, my gawd!

The ball movement is incredible and also what stands out to me is the rebounding ability of their guards and the ability to push in transition. Not just Suggs...Ayayi and Nembhard are outstanding at this too.

The Zags offense is really good, but defense is still an issue with Iowa. Fran still seems OK with outscoring other teams. Iowa will score upwards of 85 points today and lose by more than ten. Bohannon goes 0-5 on threes. Suggs having an unbelievable game.
Currently 96-88 with 39 secs to go.

These two teams show us how far we are from the top teams. I am not optimistic about our chances against IO. and the other top Big teams. As always , I hope they prove me wrong.

Iowa was 4 of 20 from 3. Very uncharacteristic. Most of there 3s were uncontested.

All while having an elite PG.

This game is a great example of how great PGs don't always have to dominate the ball.

Of course, the opposite is more often true. Carsen Edwards' ball dominance was a big reason why we were able to beat Purdue twice two years ago.

You can have successful teams with ball dominate points but normally you need the right coach and supporting cast for that. Larry Brown was able to pull it off with Allen Iverson and the turn-of-the-century Sixers.

The Zags offense is really good, but defense is still an issue with Iowa. Fran still seems OK with outscoring other teams. Iowa will score upwards of 85 points today and lose by more than ten.

I was browsing an Iowa fan site about five years ago and one Iowa fan humorously called him: "Fran DiAntoni" after the long time NBA coach known for his high scoring offenses and poor defenses. The fan added "beats the hell out of bad teams but struggles to beat the good ones."

He will be fine on the nations best team. They will take apart a UVA team that just is so inexperienced for this at this time of year.

He will be fine on the nations best team. They will take apart a UVA team that just is so inexperienced for this at this time of year.
Wasn't UVA supposed to be loaded this year? I seem to recall you stating last season that they were down after losing players from the national title team, but with redshirts and recruiting they were going to be back just as strong the following year which is now this year. What isn't clicking for UVA?

Didn't he say something to the effect of he would've played football for Fleck? :cool:

Top Bottom