PiPress: Raise should lift Jerry Kill's salary out of Big Ten cellar

Dont you know, if you're Caucasian with a southern drawl, you must be a hillbilly. I'm sure everyone's favorite cryptic poster will come and defend his opinion with a story supported by his behind the scenes knowledge that he just cant share.

I'm in a giving mood, what would you like me to share and support with my "behind the scenes knowledge?" You don't have a southern drawl do you?

Brewsters Jock? Oh how original.

I would agree that the team is more disciplined under Kill than Brew. For a white guy Kill is doing a great job in that area (smile).

Yep, you are right. I should have just said, "SF24 will take every opportunity to say something negative about the current staff." Would you agree with that?

It's hard enough to retain staff without money being an issue. Pay them.

Agreed...As Coach Kill and his staff continue to work hard and develop the players and the program, this will bring more success on the field. His work ethic alone dictates a raise.

It sends a message that the school does care about its football program and wants to succeed.

It sends a good message to Coach Kill if any helmet school starts calling and secures a little more loyalty.

Along with that, if at some point in time, MN does need for whatever reason to replace Coach Kill, it sends a good message to those considering MN that they will be taken care of.

Being last in pay in the big ten sends the following message

"we are not all that concerned about this program"!

Agreed...As Coach Kill and his staff continue to work hard and develop the players and the program, this will bring more success on the field. His work ethic alone dictates a raise. - Kill and his staff work just as hard as everyone else I don't get where this idea that they outwork people is coming from. All coaches at the D1 BCS level work extremely hard.

It sends a message that the school does care about its football program and wants to succeed. - I can see this as it relates to the assistants, not the head guy.

It sends a good message to Coach Kill if any helmet school starts calling and secures a little more loyalty. - There is little to no loyalty in college athletics where head coaches are concerned. As for the helmet schools calling yeah we are a long ways from that day based on Kill's own assesment of where the program is at.

Along with that, if at some point in time, MN does need for whatever reason to replace Coach Kill, it sends a good message to those considering MN that they will be taken care of. - No prospective coaching choice is going to give a crap what Kill was making if we offer him 2 million to take the job.

Being last in pay in the big ten sends the following message

"we are not all that concerned about this program"! - I disagree. The coach wanted a long term deal and he got it. He is not all that far below guys like Fitzgerald and Wilson as of Nov. of last year at least. What is the point of even having contracts if the terms mean nothing? When he earns it he should get a raise.

Dont you know, if you're Caucasian with a southern drawl, you must be a hillbilly. I'm sure everyone's favorite cryptic poster will come and defend his opinion with a story supported by his behind the scenes knowledge that he just cant share.

That's what so entertaining about the GopherHole. After a while we all become highly predictable as to what we are going to say. It is like a soap opera, nothing changes.

That's what so entertaining about the GopherHole. After a while we all become highly predictable as to what we are going to say. It is like a soap opera, nothing changes.

HAHA! So true, Killjoy! So true! :)

Pretty sure we have 'thrown away money' on A LOT worse decisions, so I have no problem with giving him a raise.
So because we've done a bunch of stupid things we should disregard logic going forward?

Why does Kill deserve a raise? He was a backup plan, a relatively obscure coach from the MAC. For that, he was given a contract on the low end of a BCS program, but something that still almost quadrupled his salary from the MAC.

Since then, he's done nothing to raise his profile beyond what it was before he got here. He has neither earned a new contract nor does he deserve to be fired at this point. To definitely declare anything otherwise is getting ahead of yourself.

His work ethic alone dictates a raise.
This is the equivalent of everyone getting a trophy in little league. I have no doubt that Brewster tried TREMENDOUSLY hard too.

Kill should be rewarded financially when he wins. Period. If he can go 8-4 next year and isn't given a raise, I'll be the first person complaining that is cheap and unfair.

It's only true for me if you cherry pick what I say. Even is this very thread I have said positive things about coach Kill.

Yep, you are right. I should have just said, "SF24 will take every opportunity to say something negative about the current staff." Would you agree with that?

Nope, can't agree with that because again..in this very thread I have said something positive about them.

Rather than be disagreeable in that I may speak negative on occasion...alright on more than one occasion (lol), treat each negative statement I make individually and point out where I'm wrong or the other side. I have no problem agreeing that there is another point of view or that I'm wrong.

Nope, can't agree with that because again..in this very thread I have said something positive about them.

Rather than be disagreeable in that I may speak negative on occasion...alright on more than one occasion (lol), treat each negative statement I make individually and point out where I'm wrong or the other side. I have no problem agreeing that there is another point of view or that I'm wrong.

Personally, I don't have a problem with your opinions. Everyone is entitled to believe something and I am in no place to judge what you believe.

It's how you go about voicing your opinions at times, that's frustrating. Your whole schtick about, "If you all had the inside knowledge that I have, you would have a different opinion of Ol' Jer too. I just cant tell you why I feel that way or what Ol' Jer did to make me have a negative view of him."

Okay, so if you know you can't/won't disclose information about something, than why even bring it up in the first place? You're trying to make Coach Kill seem like a bad person or coach, without anything to support your cryptic statements.

So because we've done a bunch of stupid things we should disregard logic going forward?

Why does Kill deserve a raise? He was a backup plan, a relatively obscure coach from the MAC. For that, he was given a contract on the low end of a BCS program, but something that still almost quadrupled his salary from the MAC.

Since then, he's done nothing to raise his profile beyond what it was before he got here. He has neither earned a new contract nor does he deserve to be fired at this point. To definitely declare anything otherwise is getting ahead of yourself.

You make some fair points. I guess my opinion is that, if the amdministration feels like doing it, it is ultimately their choice. I really have no problem with it at all. It is not like we are talking millions of dollars. I know we can argue about "loyalty" as it is seen today in college football from coaches and an administration side until we are blue in the face, but, I guess I feel in the grand scheme of things, giving him a slight pay raise isn't to big of a concern for me. The football program was a bit of a mess when he showed up.

Now, if you pay him more money, i.e. extend his contract or whatever, then fire him the next season, ala Glen Mason, that is where I would have a major problem with the decision. If the administration is making the commitment to actually keep him for the long-haul, I am fine with it. If giving him a pay raise lowers his "buyout", I am fine with that as well.

Personally, I don't have a problem with your opinions. Everyone is entitled to believe something and I am in no place to judge what you believe.

It's how you go about voicing your opinions at times, that's frustrating. Your whole schtick about, "If you all had the inside knowledge that I have, you would have a different opinion of Ol' Jer too. I just cant tell you why I feel that way or what Ol' Jer did to make me have a negative view of him."

Okay, so if you know you can't/won't disclose information about something, than why even bring it up in the first place? You're trying to make Coach Kill seem like a bad person or coach, without anything to support your cryptic statements.

I have said the same thing. I do enjoy SF24's post and appreciate them, even though I seldom agree with him. HAHA. :)

I have just come to terms with the fact, that is how he is going to post and we really aren't going to get anymore info unless some sort of "I told you so" scenario comes up where Kill gets canned for something SF24 has been 'eluding' to. Such is life.

Nope, i still cant agree with you. Name one specific incident where I said something negative about coach Kill and didn't back it up with a reason, cause or incident?

Have I publicly said everything? Nope, but I haven't just been negative without giving a cause (certainly not all the causes but I give at least one). Maybe that's the issue; you want me to lay my soul open or not insinuate that I have reasons not said? If so; say that and I would agree with you.

I have said the same thing. I do enjoy SF24's post and appreciate them, even though I seldom agree with him. HAHA. :)

I have just come to terms with the fact, that is how he is going to post and we really aren't going to get anymore info unless some sort of "I told you so" scenario comes up where Kill gets canned for something SF24 has been 'eluding' to. Such is life.

The reason you don't agree is because I know something you don't know. I have a vast wealth of insider knowledge that you could never have.

I couldn't resist! I'm just teasing!

The reason you don't agree is because I know something you don't know. I have a vast wealth of insider knowledge that you could never have.

I couldn't resist! I'm just teasing!

Haha! Well played sir! :)

It's only true for me if you cherry pick what I say. Even is this very thread I have said positive things about coach Kill.

LOL - I would never suggest that you are not good at covering all the possibilities. It is part of your charm. I have to admit though that I was surprised when said you had an MBA. I would have bet that you were are lawyer since you are one slippery dud.:rolleyes:

Nope, i still cant agree with you. Name one specific incident where I said something negative about coach Kill and didn't back it up with a reason, cause or incident?

Have I publicly said everything? Nope, but I haven't just been negative without giving a cause (certainly not all the causes but I give at least one). Maybe that's the issue; you want me to lay my soul open or not insinuate that I have reasons not said? If so; say that and I would agree with you.

Okay, I'll bring up an example. This was not only one of the stupidest posts I've ever read here, but completely irresponsible given your position as someone close to the program. If a Gopher fan were to read the bolded portion of this post they would be lead to believe that something bad is going on inside a program that Jerry Kill is in control of. What "other issues never see the light of day" and where is some proof to support your statement?

From 10/18/2012 post #21 in the "Quotes from Coach Kill on his weekly KFAN Radio Show" thread.

"I am no longer amazed at what Kill will do to deflect when he perceives he is on the hot seat. Anyone who says he is a freak because of his seizures is a knuckle head. However; I do question how everytime we have a big loss it becomes public that he had a seizure? This is especially annoying when I know for a fact other issues never see the light of day.

Why do we need to know that some idiot sent him a letter? Is it to garner sympathy because of the heat he's getting for (correctly IMO) making his schedule easier? I believe it is. I also don't think he needs to (make excuses). While I believe he is down playing the team he inherited, there is work that needs to be done before his future as a coach should be questioned (4 to 5 years worth)."

Also, from the "Barker Tansferring" thread, post #436...

"He was left with no other choice. If he saids nothing and simply transferred, Kill gets away with his treatment of AJ. If says something, folks can disagree all they want but eventually if enough folks continue to say the same things, maybe folks will see the pattern. And if nothing else, AJ will have been heard.

Look, I told everyone almost a year ago Kill had for a lack of a better word "issues." Kill and his staff after preaching togetherness and team for 10 months, Kill had nothing to do with the senior class after the last game. With the exception of "one" coach they didn't attend the seniors pro day. Then after the tragic death of GT he turned it into motivational tactic. He posted play hard for Gary stuff up in the locker and training rooms? Dude didn't give a feces about Gary until he saw some benefit for himself."

Post #222 from the same thread. In response to a poster asking if you could provide examples or be willing to expand, you state...

"Fair question.

I apologize for being purposely vague but the truth is I'm under "orders" not to say because it (here I go being vague again) would go viral and become a big deal."

Who are you under orders from? Did the Athletic Department pay you off not to speak? ;)

These are the kinds of posts that myself and others are referring to when we state you have a history of being negative in the most cryptic ways. I could probably find additional examples if you would like, but I've wasted enough time for today. I'm going to enjoy some Gopher hoops now.

Okay, I'll bring up an example. This was not only one of the stupidest posts I've ever read here, but completely irresponsible given your position as someone close to the program. If a Gopher fan were to read the bolded portion of this post they would be lead to believe that something bad is going on inside a program that Jerry Kill is in control of. What "other issues never see the light of day" and where is some proof to support your statement?

From 10/18/2012 post #21 in the "Quotes from Coach Kill on his weekly KFAN Radio Show" thread.

"I am no longer amazed at what Kill will do to deflect when he perceives he is on the hot seat. Anyone who says he is a freak because of his seizures is a knuckle head. However; I do question how everytime we have a big loss it becomes public that he had a seizure? This is especially annoying when I know for a fact other issues never see the light of day.

Why do we need to know that some idiot sent him a letter? Is it to garner sympathy because of the heat he's getting for (correctly IMO) making his schedule easier? I believe it is. I also don't think he needs to (make excuses). While I believe he is down playing the team he inherited, there is work that needs to be done before his future as a coach should be questioned (4 to 5 years worth)."

"He was left with no other choice. If he saids nothing and simply transferred, Kill gets away with his treatment of AJ. If says something, folks can disagree all they want but eventually if enough folks continue to say the same things, maybe folks will see the pattern. And if nothing else, AJ will have been heard.

Look, I told everyone almost a year ago Kill had for a lack of a better word "issues." Kill and his staff after preaching togetherness and team for 10 months, Kill had nothing to do with the senior class after the last game. With the exception of "one" coach they didn't attend the seniors pro day. Then after the tragic death of GT he turned it into motivational tactic. He posted play hard for Gary stuff up in the locker and training rooms? Dude didn't give a feces about Gary until he saw some benefit for himself."

Post #222 from the same thread. In response to a poster asking if you could provide examples or be willing to expand, you state...

"Fair question.

I apologize for being purposely vague but the truth is I'm under "orders" not to say because it (here I go being vague again) would go viral and become a big deal."

Who are you under orders from? Did the Athletic Department pay you off not to speak? ;)

These are the kinds of posts that myself and others are referring to when we state you have a history of being negative in the most cryptic ways. I could probably find additional examples if you would like, but I've wasted enough time for today. I'm going to enjoy some Gopher hoops now.

To lean a little toward defending SF, I knew someone who played under Mason then Brewster. He privately made several similar accusations (borderline abuse) toward Brewster that AJ made toward Kill. I don't mention him by name and I don't give all of the details I heard as I don't want his name to be disclosed. In my case I feel it's up to him to make the claims. I'm just insinuate when I can and it won't identify him.

That being said, we all know who SF is talking about. So that's not the issue.

So in your case SF, I'm not sure why you don't "air the dirty laundry" but it's your call, not mine.

I think at some point any coaching change, and especially a head coaching change, is exceedingly stressful and difficult for a player, and sometimes things get taken the wrong way by the players because they don't like the way it's done because it's not like the old coach did it. Most of the players who started under Brew seemed to really like him. Does that make the guy I know wrong? I heard the same things when Mason was hired from guys who played under Wacker. Frankly, we'll almost certainly hear the same thing when the next coach is hired.

in an effort to get this back on topic- log me as a keep JKs contract as is for the 2013 season.

"Fair question.

Gopher Gold;

We have hijacked this thread enough. I will start a new one titled if you don't mind Gopher Gold.

Top Bottom