PiPress: Gophers football: Donnell Kirkwood has 1,000-yard season in sight

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Last year, Donnell Kirkwood came within 74 yards of becoming the University of Minnesota's first 1,000-yard rusher since 2006. But the Gophers' junior tailback still has two years left to reach that mark.

When asked if he thought Kirkwood would get there this season, offensive coordinator Matt Limegrover said, "Absolutely."

"I think that young man is a completely different football player and individual than when we first got here in a real, real good way," Limegrover said. "He's worked so hard at the football end of things -- getting his body in great shape, being ready and willing to withstand not just half a Big Ten season but an entire season."

"I think if you go back through the history of not only where I've coached before but even with the Minnesota Gophers is that we've always had great running backs," Kill said. "(Kirkwood's) done a great job not only on the field, but he's done a great job with leadership with our younger players and has been a part of a group of kids that have really changed the culture and the character in our program."

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/c...rce=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

He's stronger this year than last year and so is our O-Line. Only possible problem is if Nelson struggles to pass the ball or we are always down early and need to pass to get back into the game.

Top Bottom