Pioneer Press: Trabis Ward plans to sign with Gophs later this week

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Signing day was last week, but the University of Minnesota football team could add another four-star running back to its 2009 recruiting class. Trabis Ward, a 5-foot-10, 200-pound senior from Dillard High School in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., said Monday he plans to sign with the Gophers if he receives a qualifying score on his SAT. The college entrance exam results should be released Thursday.

"I might sign when I come up on my visit . . . probably on Friday," said Ward, who is also considering South Carolina. "(Minnesota's) a running back school. I think I can do a lot of great things there."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_11663900?nclick_check=1

Go Gophers!!

I assume this is a good thing?

How many additional scholarships are available?

I know people are concerned about going over 85, etc., etc., but look - the basketball team has 11 scholarship players returning and 4 recruits coming in and a 13 schollie limit. The early indications are that Kevin Payton may not be returning to the team (at least not with a scholarship) and somehow Tubby has to pare one more back.

Why do I bring up b-ball? Because with only 13 slots, Tubby has over-committed by 2 somehow. So I don't really see the problem of adding 1 more guy if he's a top-notch talent. Someone is bound to transfer, or grayshirt or whatever. If Tubby can manage +2 on a 13 slots, I think Brew can manage +3 or whatever on 85(!) slots.

There's always one or two defections. And since we're running up against the 85 limit and not the 25, one unexpected departure on the team takes care of it. very likely. Remember teams are allowed to oversign by three for just this reason. I think we'll be OK.

but this is a nice pick up for the team. I wonder if he gets to be included in the rankings?

There's always one or two defections. And since we're running up against the 85 limit and not the 25, one unexpected departure on the team takes care of it. very likely. Remember teams are allowed to oversign by three for just this reason. I think we'll be OK.

but this is a nice pick up for the team. I wonder if he gets to be included in the rankings?

He should be there are players still committing all over the country. Last year Terrelle Pryor committed on March 19th and rivals last update happend to be on that very same day. Now Pryor was the #1 recruit in the country but if Ward does sign it would be within a couple weeks of NSD so I would imagine it will change its rankings. (if you live by them)

Tubby

If Payton is not on scholloie next year, then Tubby did not over sign. We have 4 coming in next year. Busch is a walk on with a scholarship this year but not next year. The roster then shows 9 returning players on scholarship.

"I wonder if he gets to be included in the rankings?"

Oh, I sure hope so!!!!!

"I wonder if he gets to be included in the rankings?"

Oh, I sure hope so!!!!!
You better hope not, it just makes your guy look even worse. It is hard to watch a great recruiter isn't, to bad your guy got so lazy at the end. Cheer up it is only going to get worse for you, next year Brewsters class wil be top twenty. You sure must live a miserable life!

You better hope not, it just makes your guy look even worse. It is hard to watch a great recruiter isn't it? Too bad your guy got so lazy at the end. Cheer up it is only going to get worse for you, next year Brewsters class wil be top twenty. You sure must live a miserable life!

I corrected your grammar in bold.

It's estimated we'd jump to #33 in the new rankings with Ward included.

I don't know, I'm absolutely thrilled with Brewtser's recruiting. How many 3 stars did Mase get? Maybe 3 a year, if that? Now that's the staus quo. Our talent upgarde next year is terrific, maybe in modern times the best ever. Now it's Brewtser's time to start maturing as a coach and leader.

Top Bottom