Pioneer Press: Murphy, McBrayer forged bond in years with Gophers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

The bond between Jordan Murphy and Dupree McBrayer was evident when they reminisced Monday, March 4, about the close of their four-year careers with the Gophers.

The U seniors, seated next to each other at a podium inside Williams Arena, shared how much they’ve grown up and grown close during their time in Dinkytown.

McBrayer quickly teased his teammate in shaking his head no.

“Pree will tell you we are both brothers,” Murphy said. “We’ve been through everything possible together. It’s been a long four years and we’ve been at war with each other and we’ve been brothers that have argued at times and didn’t get along great. We’ve been through it all.”

McBrayer smiled at that summary before he added: “He opened up and throughout the four years, we’ve just became so close. I don’t think there is not a time during every day where we don’t see each other. … I’m definitely going to miss that about him.”

Murphy and McBrayer will headline senior night festivities before their final home game when Big Ten-leading Purdue (22-7, 15-4) visits The Barn at 7 p.m. Tuesday. With only three guaranteed games left, the Gophers (18-11, 8-10) hope to extend their seniors’ swan song into the NCAA tournament in two weeks.

“All the guys have the expectation to make the tournament,” Murphy said. “I don’t think we are going to accept anything less from our guys. I think that starts with me and Dupree.”

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/basketball/4580060-murphy-mcbrayer-forged-bond-years-gophers

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom