Pick and upset (week 5)

Some guy

Reaction score
I am 3 for 4
After going 1/1 in week 3 and 2/3 in week 4.

My picks will be top 25 teams losing in upsets. Love the banter of non top 25 upsets too though.

Best one of the week Vegas already thought of. Unranked OK State is a favorite over ranked K state. So I can’t pick that one.

I guess I go Washington state over utah and Indiana over Michigan State

Nebraska, Northwestern and Rutgers all lose, but i’ll take all 3 of them with the points.

ASU or WSU are the most likely in my eyes. Maybe Nebraska because of home field and night game but I still think OSU beats them by at least 21.

I'm a little worried that OSU is ready for a let down vs Nebraska. Nebraska will be up for this one.

Baylor over ISU
NCSU over FSU
GSU over LA

I don't like a lot of ranked upsets, but I could see WSU over Utah. I wouldn't bet on it though, so I'm not calling it.

Maryland will beat Penn State at home
Too much talent.

Arizona St will also beat Cal

EDIT: (Oh, and to comment on some other picks. Virginia will not beat Notre Dame. It would make me too happy if they actually did that. The ACC appears to be terrible this year except for Clemson, therefore Virginia probably loses by 15 or more). Michigan St will cover the 14.

Last edited:

Oregon State over Stanford is my call for this weekend
And Minnesota ATS.

Last edited:

I also like Maryland over PSU...

I will take Hawaii over Nevada and NC State over Florida St.

Too much talent.

EDIT: (Oh, and to comment on some other picks. Virginia will not beat Notre Dame. It would make me too happy if they actually did that. The ACC appears to be terrible this year except for Clemson, therefore Virginia probably loses by 15 or more). Michigan St will cover the 14.

I would say there is less of an upset chance for MD than Virginia.

Too much talent.

Penn State 35 Maryland 0 in first half. Don’t think we will see an upset.

Is it too late for me to get out of my upset pick?

I come home from dinner out, and Penn State is up 45-0 on the Torti....

I'm going to switch over to ASU at Cal.

I think you were saved by Garber’s injury. Modster just couldn’t move the ball much at all.

Only watched a bit until it was 7-7.

My pick was based on the fact Cal, a middle-of-the-road PAC12 team was still unbeaten. A conference where everyone seems to beat everyone.

My MD pick was the Friday night home game idea. Maybe PSU would be sleep walking, but is PSU played OSU right now, I'd lean PSU after their game last night. Yikes.

It's good for the Gophers though to always get a tough team out of the East.

I am 3 for 4
After going 1/1 in week 3 and 2/3 in week 4.

My picks will be top 25 teams losing in upsets. Love the banter of non top 25 upsets too though.

Best one of the week Vegas already thought of. Unranked OK State is a favorite over ranked K state. So I can’t pick that one.

I guess I go Washington state over utah and Indiana over Michigan State

I suck

Top Bottom