Per Hennepin County, Gopher rookie/fmr Fargo Force Guertler, 18 booked for DWI

From Gopher Sports Department....

Lucia Announces Guertler Suspension

MINNEAPOLIS – University of Minnesota head men’s hockey coach Don Lucia has announced the indefinite suspension of incoming freshman Gabe Guertler for a violation of team rules. The suspension will be re-evaluated in November.

“While we are still gathering information at this time, we take this matter seriously and feel a suspension is warranted,” Lucia said. “We will continue to monitor the situation and will handle the matter internally.”

The University of Minnesota athletic department will have no further comment at this time.

Had this been a North Dakota player, he would have been named captain already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Was he suppose to be good, if he's a 3rd, 4th line type I say screw him

Was he suppose to be good, if he's a 3rd, 4th line type I say screw him

I'm not a big fan of this attitude. I think the rules should be the rules regardless of who you are. I don't think it is fair to let the stars get away with more, just like I don't think it is fair to scapegoat a weaker player to try to look tough. I think he should get the boot for this, but I think Mbakwe should have gotten it last summer too.

If you hold different quality players to different standards, I think you have more behavior problems among the talent (having been told they have the license to kill) and you have morale problems among the weaker players who have been told they have different standards. I think this results in locker room breakdowns.

If you hold different quality players to different standards, I think you have more behavior problems among the talent (having been told they have the license to kill) and you have morale problems among the weaker players who have been told they have different standards. I think this results in locker room breakdowns.

Completely agreed, and that's why I love what Kill has done with the Andre McDonald situation. He would obviously help the WR corps a ton, but if he's held to different standards it would absolutely do some serious damage to the team morale.

From the link, it looks like he was getting drunk somewhere and decided to take his moped home. While I'm sure it's easy to think that you'll cause little damage on a moped, how damn hard is it to walk home?

Top Bottom