People think Fleck is a shameless self promoter, check out Bielema.

btowngopher

Reaction score
Not the first cringey tweet by Bert.

This isn’t terrible but he has a history of cringey tweets. I can’t imagine Fleck posting this (does he ever tweet) yet people say he is all about himself.

As of today, according to The Athletic, Fickell's recruiting for the 2024 class has been anything but mediocre.
The actual conference W/L for WI in 2023 will show if his record is mediocre.
Right now all predictions and hopes are just idle speculations to fill the time between now and the start of the season.

As of today, according to The Athletic, Fickell's recruiting for the 2024 class has been anything but mediocre.
Right now all predictions and hopes are just idle speculations to fill the time between now and the start of the season.
How concerned are you that he doesn't seem too interested in in-state kids?

Bret Bielema did win three titles and can boast.

I hope that PJ Fleck doesn't go winless against him for that would be troublesome.

It is quite odd to list a guy who is 3-5 career in Big Ten coaching (with Ohio State talent) as the 4th best, ahead of several men who have done far more with much less, for much longer.

That’s good for him. Hopefully he’s able to assemble more talent than he had on that 2011 OSU team that went 6-7.

Other than Arkansas the guy is a terrific coach, despite being tough to stomach.

About the only thing I can think of that seems blatant self promotion with PJ is running up and down the sidelines when they change ends of the field. Leading the team out....no problem with that. Crowd surfing in the lockerroom after wins....he's having fun.
I watch most press conferences and don't recall much self promotion...might exaggerate or he might lie but not too often is it look at me. He's more prone to it wasn't my fault, I wasn't wrong etc

About the only thing I can think of that seems blatant self promotion with PJ is running up and down the sidelines when they change ends of the field. Leading the team out....no problem with that. Crowd surfing in the lockerroom after wins....he's having fun.
I watch most press conferences and don't recall much self promotion...might exaggerate or he might lie but not too often is it look at me. He's more prone to it wasn't my fault, I wasn't wrong etc
I still don’t understand why the running bothers people so much. Such a weird thing to focus on

I still don’t understand why the running bothers people so much. Such a weird thing to focus on
Doesn't bother me...I'm saying the only thing someone could point to about PJ selfpromoting is that. It is unique.

Doesn't bother me...I'm saying the only thing someone could point to about PJ selfpromoting is that. It is unique.
He runs because he can ! Imagine Bret trying that ? Lol. I think it’s as much his slogans that drive some MN people crazy. Not sure how that makes the list compared to his focus on academics, winning, recruiting, community service n developing good humans.

Coaches should promote themselves and the program, why anyone would think it's a bad thing is beyond me.

Coaches should promote themselves and the program, why anyone would think it's a bad thing is beyond me.
Coaching is all about the team. The team is first...the players need to take ownership, not the coach. Like PJ says...player led teams are the best teams.
Coaches, leaders promoting themselves would fail miserably. It's not what PJ does. He has an abundance of energy. He's positive, he works hard but he promotes the University of Minnesota, the football team and the other sports teams, not himself.

Coaching is all about the team. The team is first...the players need to take ownership, not the coach. Like PJ says...player led teams are the best teams.
Coaches, leaders promoting themselves would fail miserably. It's not what PJ does. He has an abundance of energy. He's positive, he works hard but he promotes the University of Minnesota, the football team and the other sports teams, not himself.
True. About his running down the field, he just doesn't want players to be lazy and meander to the other end. He wants hustle. He's doing it through example. I like it.

If you measure best coach by B1G titles, then Bielma is on solid statistical ground.

Bielema is a proven coach and im just glad he left wisconsin when he did. Fickell is in a very similar position to Fleck when he came into the B1G. Great mid major coach, recruits pretty well. Its imperative that we destroy them this year. Would also love to beat Iowa for once and win the B1G west.

Top Bottom