Penn State announces game themes (Minnesota: Homecoming, Penn State White Out, Generations of Greatness)

Taji34

Reaction score
OCTOBER 22 VS. MINNESOTA: Homecoming, Penn State White Out, Generations of Greatness
  • All fans are encouraged to sport white attire to ensure a Penn State White Out for the clash with the Golden Gophers.
  • The official 2022 Penn State White Out t-shirt was again a joint project between Penn State and Nike. The custom design features fan-sourced words to describe the experience attending "The Greatest Show in College Sports." Fans can purchase the 2022 Penn State White Out shirt here.
  • Penn State Homecoming will celebrate the 2022-23 Guide State Forward award winners during the game. The annual Homecoming Parade will once again return to campus and downtown State College on Friday night, October 21.
  • The Penn State football team will once again turn back the clock for a special "Generations of Greatness" game. The Nittany Lions will don uniforms with designs elements from uniforms past.
  • The Minnesota game is presented by New Holland.

Most affordable and fun trip is probably flying in to Philly or Baltimore, staying in Harrisburg and making Happy Valley a day trip. Nowhere available to stay around the campus. Could also try finding a connecting flight straight in to Harrisburg.

Option 2 would be flying to Pittsburgh or Buffalo but there is really nowhere fun to stay between either of those areas and Happy Valley.

Tough spot to get to and even harder when all the hotels get booked up 10 months in advance.

Last edited:

My hope is that we put a huge smackdown on the nits and make a definitive statement.

Feeling very thankful to have recently booked an AirBNB 10 minutes from campus. Ready for my first trip to Happy Valley! SUM-RTB-GG!

PS: When do away game tickets normally go on sale through the U? This was asked elsewhere but not answered. Just wondering when to start looking.

Feeling very thankful to have recently booked an AirBNB 10 minutes from campus. Ready for my first trip to Happy Valley! SUM-RTB-GG!

PS: When do away game tickets normally go on sale through the U? This was asked elsewhere but not answered. Just wondering when to start looking.
July. I hope they don't restrict sales to people with high gopher scores. Any Gopher score above 0 would be good just to have some barrier of entry to PSU fans.

I hope they don't restrict sales to people with high gopher scores. Any Gopher score above 0 would be good just to have some barrier of entry to PSU fans.
If it's like past years, there will be a deadline for fans to order tickets. Tickets for all orders submitted by the deadline are then allocated by Gopher Score. Not sure how many tickets they expect to sell for this trip, but the visitor allocation is generally reported at 3,000. If the U doesn't sell out it's allocation, they get returned to Penn State.

Does anyone know which section(s) the gopher ticket allocation is at PSU? Debating if I should buy through the U or try the secondary market

Does anyone know which section(s) the gopher ticket allocation is at PSU? Debating if I should buy through the U or try the secondary market
You can safely assume we'll be wayyyy up there. Almost always is for the road allocation.

I still prefer sitting with other Gopher fans though as opposed to better seats and being surrounded by away fans.

‘Who’s Getting Fired?’: Most Penn Staters Disappointed Over Minnesota White Out Announcement​

After months of speculation, Penn State officially announced its opponent for the 2022 White Out. The Nittany Lions’ October 22 matchup against Minnesota will take place in college football’s best atmosphere.

When it was announced that FOX picked up the television rights for the Penn State-Ohio State game, the game was widely predicted to kick off at noon, supporting the network’s “Big Noon Kickoff” programming. As a result, debate swirled about the most important factor in picking the White Out — even resulting in a Twitter poll from Penn State football.

Those in favor of Ohio State argued for using the White Out as a tool against Penn State’s toughest opponent. Those in favor of Minnesota often argued for the traditional prime-time kickoff to best highlight the tone.

When the White Out news broke, each faction showed up in droves. Some were excited to see the White Out retain its prime-time slot.

Go Gophers!!

You can safely assume we'll be wayyyy up there. Almost always is for the road allocation.

I still prefer sitting with other Gopher fans though as opposed to better seats and being surrounded by away fans.
Yes, almost always. I do recall my first trip to wisconsin (early 90's) and we had the opposite problem. They put us in the first row directly behind the badger bench. This was before the renovations at the Camp and our seats were seemingly below the field level. (They don't sell those seats any longer, they are covered with a tarp, I think.) We could barely see when the teams were warming up. Once the players were on the sideline, standing on the benches, we could see nothing but the backs of the players. And there were no HD video boards on which to watch the game.

Yes, almost always. I do recall my first trip to wisconsin (early 90's) and we had the opposite problem. They put us in the first row directly behind the badger bench. This was before the renovations at the Camp and our seats were seemingly below the field level. (They don't sell those seats any longer, they are covered with a tarp, I think.) We could barely see when the teams were warming up. Once the players were on the sideline, standing on the benches, we could see nothing but the backs of the players. And there were no HD video boards on which to watch the game.
I had a similar sucky experience(early 2000's?). It was bad. I laugh, because it was so bad we were basically sitting in the aisle. My friend said" everytime they stand up to cheer slide in. We finally had a "seat".

Happened to me at Kinnick as well...I think in 2009? It was cool being so close to the field, but couldn't see anything when action was on the other end.

The roar of the Nittany Lion on the loudspeaker got old.

The tailgate lots are huge. Go on for acres. Fly into Pittsburgh. Rent a camper or RV or whatever and sleep in overnight lots.

Get a "Box of Rocks" at the Rathskeller.

July. I hope they don't restrict sales to people with high gopher scores. Any Gopher score above 0 would be good just to have some barrier of entry to PSU fans.
Penn state hasn’t been full: not sure it’ll be an issue

Top Bottom