Payne in portal (UPDATED: Payne commits to Texas A&M)

I actually agree with you to some extent. I'm far more attentive in the offseason than I used to be. Certainly, last year's offseason was more exciting than what was happening on the court during the season.

That's not a bad idea but my guess is that would be struck down by the courts. Again, as someone mentioned, you would probably need collective bargaining for something like that to be sustained.
That would require contracts and collective bargaining. But then the implications of what happens to non-revenue sports or even scholarships come in to play.

Love the commitment these guys have. Two weeks ago Payne and carrington were talking about how good this team could be if they stayed together. Johnson will never be able to build up this program with such a lack of commitment from the players. I suspect Garcia and Christie will be gone as well. Time to get 10 new players.

OR, maybe because Henley left and Carrington left and Ola Joseph left he said this ain't gonna work.
And. The next post entry pass I get will be the first...so, I'm going somewhere where there is an emphasis on getting me the ball in the post.
He can’t complain about that. He had the ball a lot.

Maybe you and I differ on what posting up is...on what a post entry pass is. Hawkins penetrated and dumped it off to Payne, Fox, Ola Joseph, Garcia etc. He did the same thing with lob passes.
Awesome!
But now we are in our half court set offense and depending on the opponent....that's harder to do if it isn't a scramble situation. So, it'd be nice if we borrowed some post entries from Wisconsin or Cockburn at Illinois....those are post entries.

Regarding our place in the standings...we over achieved...we won the tie breaker to stay out of the bottom four. Yay!
The team I was touting was Nebraska....and nobody else was having it. They finished third in the standings.
Not the case re: Nebraska. Others also felt they were going to be good. If anything, in my case it was a year late. I thought the previous year they'd move up.

Love the commitment these guys have. Two weeks ago Payne and carrington were talking about how good this team could be if they stayed together. Johnson will never be able to build up this program with such a lack of commitment from the players. I suspect Garcia and Christie will be gone as well. Time to get 10 new players.
Other than the ten new players, is there anything else you can think of that the Gopher might need?

Players transferring should be not be allowed to transfer within their current league.
Way of the dinosaurs. No one in basketball cares where the players go anymore.

MSU had bad post play. Watch him at MSU next season.
He sure feels like an MSU post player.

If you believe the rumor, and I have no reason to believe it, it was offered in December by an opposing coach. Assuming they meant a coach we played against this year, the only schools that could make sense are Nebraska or Ohio State (new coach). So probably Nebraska?

That's built on a lot of assumptions surrounding a rumor that may or may not have legs. So essentially, I just shook some fish bones to read these entrails.

That would require contracts and collective bargaining. But then the implications of what happens to non-revenue sports or even scholarships come in to play.
It wouldn't have to, if the employment and player's union were at the level of/dealing with the conference, not the school.

I think you could make the case that it has helped their football team quite a bit. They've cycled through four basketball coaches since 2006. Big money helps, but you still need the right leadership to make it work.
Did he actually give money to basketball? I thought his thing was football.

Was curious to see what Okla State has done in basketball in modern history, and it really isn't too much outside of the final four in 2003-04 and they followed that up with a Sweet Sixteen in 04-05. Since then, no conf titles (regular or tourny) and nothing past the 2nd round.

Quite a run back in the 30's - 50's in the Missouri Valley .

$ talks, and without a promising program why should the players remain loyal?

Joke coach turning the U into a joke program

What if any of these three will end up together?

Please don't stay in the conference. Carrington could stay in the conference though, maybe JOJ.

Rumor on twitter was an opposing coach offered Payne B1G money in December and that was that, he was gone.

Some here want to OVERPAY Payne and match it.

I think NIL should be spent on Christie and Garcia IF the Gophers can even afford that.

Doesn't Payne have a chronic back problem?

Some here want to OVERPAY Payne and match it.

I think NIL should be spent on Christie and Garcia IF the Gophers can even afford that.

Doesn't Payne have a chronic back problem?
And how will you add transfers? They come with a price tag. We are in the big leagues and the program drags in huge money for the U. They need to figure this out.

Did he actually give money to basketball? I thought his thing was football.

Was curious to see what Okla State has done in basketball in modern history, and it really isn't too much outside of the final four in 2003-04 and they followed that up with a Sweet Sixteen in 04-05. Since then, no conf titles (regular or tourny) and nothing past the 2nd round.

Quite a run back in the 30's - 50's in the Missouri Valley .
Since Eddie Sutton left, their program has faltered.

And how will you add transfers? They come with a price tag. We are in the big leagues and the program drags in huge money for the U. They need to figure this out.
Are you saying all of the 2, 3, 4 hundred plus kids that transfer all get some kind of money other than scholarship money?

Are you saying all of the 2, 3, 4 hundred plus kids that transfer all get some kind of money other than scholarship money?
I’d bet a ton of these transfers lose out on the latter too, especially at lower levels…

Top Bottom