Payne in portal (UPDATED: Payne commits to Texas A&M)

Way of the dinosaurs. No one in basketball cares where the players go anymore.

Way of the dinosaurs. No one in basketball cares where the players go anymore.
Try telling that to my 11-year-old son who invests in these players and looks up to them or the thousands they gave battle the treatment when he came back to the barn. I would say people still do care that’s about the only thing we got left to hang onto these days.

Try telling that to my 11-year-old son who invests in these players and looks up to them or the thousands they gave battle the treatment when he came back to the barn. I would say people still do care that’s about the only thing we got left to hang onto these days.
No one in the NCAA cares (likely because there isn't anything they can do about it). The fans obviously still care. . . for now.

EDIT: Hire Musselman! Then maybe he can bring Payne here!

Nebraska is on the list, Ohio St. is not

In he goes to Arkansas, we can livestream @howeda7 head exploring and transfer that largesse to Dinkytown Athletics and our NIL problems with be fixed into perpetuity.

The board gets renamed as Howie’s Hole and he is the all time post leader forever.

Total winning.

Okay, so he's not in the portal and won't be receiving a bag we can't match.
I ate pizza last night...the sun rose this morning. Obviously my eating pizza affects the sun!

That is the logic you are using.

saw this in another thread - a post from Ryan James (can't copy it to here)

talking about the Carrington decision, James said (quoting)

This one was the wildest of all when I learned. Braeden thinks he should be making way more NIL money and that is the front of this, plus he thinks he should be getting more opportunity. Braeden, JOJ and Pharrel have basically become a group of three that have been talking for a long time about not getting what they have earned.

so it sounds like a group decision. really sad IF some disgruntled players are convincing other guys to jump the ship with them.

but if players are going to say - give me more money and more playing time or I leave - then a coach is really in a bad place.

If this is truly the case.... See ya Felicia

FK NIL and the transfer rules

Do we have access to what kind of NIL money we have here? I am talking total budget for bball

Last edited:

What do they get for the contracts? Paid by the school?
Conference. The money comes from the TV deal the conference signs with the TV network. Right off the top before it goes out to schools.

In he goes to Arkansas, we can livestream @howeda7 head exploring and transfer that largesse to Dinkytown Athletics and our NIL problems with be fixed into perpetuity.

The board gets renamed as Howie’s Hole and he is the all time post leader forever.

Total winning.
What's your beef with me lately? Multiple times now invoking me when I didn't even engage you. Use the ignore button if it bothers you.

What's your beef with me lately? Multiple times now invoking me when I didn't even engage you. Use the ignore button if it bothers you.

They’re called jokes bro

My bad, apparently you didn’t experience what’s intended as good natured joshing with male peers while playing sports in your formative years. Giving each other 💩 is male bonding.

Don’t worry I won’t reference you or otherwise engage you again on here; as my vibe is having a good time and trying not to take a free site too seriously - it’s cool if that’s not your deal or anyone else’s.

Last edited:

If he stays healthy he will have a huge impact for any program. Not a given though, not sure it can even be expected.

He can’t complain about that. He had the ball a lot.
You may well be correct...but here's what I know...coaching kids you would not believe the complaints that get articulated. Usually, because an AAU coach, a teammate with an agenda or a parent thinks it should be done differently.

In this case my comment is just how I would take advantage of Payne's power and talent.

Not the case re: Nebraska. Others also felt they were going to be good. If anything, in my case it was a year late. I thought the previous year they'd move up.
Well, you make have thought so...but I received lots of comments calling me an idiot and telling me Nebraska would be bottom 4 finisher.

guessing payne's gonna get coached more forcibly wherever he ends up
Well the good news for him is that if he is he can just leave again. Developing a generation of players who will have no clue what it means to pay their dues or deal with adversity. Going to be a massive shock for them if/when they get to the pro ranks and they find out they have to actually earn their playing time.

Top Bottom