Paul Allen Breaks the Story

Good! We need a teacher.

macchioralph4279.jpg

So it's looking like Meidt? Interesting choice. If he makes it so our offense can score, I'll love the pick.

That is the truth. I don't care who our OC is, as long as our offensive is not as anemic as it was this year.

From PA's show page.

"... GOPHERS FOOTBALL: Minnesota has decided on an offensive coordinator and I may have more information tomorrow on the 'Feast. Don't know much about the guy but have heard glowing reports from those I know who get the game and know football. He reportedly had to tie up some loose ends at his current job tonite and I should know more very soon."

I like that he heard glowing reports. It is a good sign that his info on this is all positive.

From PA's show page.

"... GOPHERS FOOTBALL: Minnesota has decided on an offensive coordinator and I may have more information tomorrow on the 'Feast. Don't know much about the guy but have heard glowing reports from those I know who get the game and know football. He reportedly had to tie up some loose ends at his current job tonite and I should know more very soon."

Everyone who missed post #2 will appreciate this.

From a KFAN tweet at 12:55 PM - KFAN's Paul Allen has it on good authority that the next Gopher Football O-Coord will be Detroit Lions QB coach Jeff Horton.

I take it you're not happy with the hire? Can I ask you why not? This is a serious question, I honestly don't know much about him but most people seem at least somewhat happy about the decision....

From a KFAN tweet at 12:55 PM - KFAN's Paul Allen has it on good authority that the next Gopher Football O-Coord will be Detroit Lions QB coach Jeff Horton.

Hmm. I thought he had it on good authority that it would be Meidt. :)

I can see from other reports that it is, indeed, looking like Horton. But what is Allen doing?

I take it you're not happy with the hire? Can I ask you why not? This is a serious question, I honestly don't know much about him but most people seem at least somewhat happy about the decision....

I don't know, he was a candidate last year and didn't impress me with his resume or track record.
I'm also kinda sick of the wisky connection. He might be the cosgrove of offense which would be good I suppose. I was kinda hoping for Heupel or Meidt. In retrospect I shouldn't have posted that, better to wait and see.

I don't know, he was a candidate last year and didn't impress me with his resume or track record.
I'm also kinda sick of the wisky connection. He might be the cosgrove of offense which would be good I suppose. I was kinda hoping for Heupel or Meidt. In retrospect I shouldn't have posted that, better to wait and see.

It's all good man, I respect your opinion on here that's why I asked. I personally was hoping for Heupel but this guy looks like he has the experience to do the job. We shall see I guess...

Fact of the matter is, if the players he has develop (especially the O' Line) he will be successful. If they don't, he won't.

It's all good man, I respect your opinion on here that's why I asked. I personally was hoping for Heupel but this guy looks like he has the experience to do the job. We shall see I guess...

Fact of the matter is, if the players he has develop (especially the O' Line) he will be successful. If they don't, he won't.

If true i like the hire. Makes me even more positive when PA has something nice to say about us. But for you Huepel fans, why all the love? Compared to this guy his resume looks weak. Again just asking like u cause i respect your opinion, and lots of others on this board.

If true i like the hire. Makes me even more positive when PA has something nice to say about us. But for you Huepel fans, why all the love? Compared to this guy his resume looks weak. Again just asking like u cause i respect your opinion, and lots of others on this board.

I think there's been a youth revolution in the NFL and its blown over to college ranks in recent years. Gray hairs don't count as much as they used to. You need to be dynamic and in touch with the players. Huepel is on the uptick and so I think the reasoning is get him now or never.

If for no other reason than the "shock and awe" and to create a little more excitement around here. Huepel comes from a big time program and I think it wouldn't been a "sexier" pick for lack of a better word. This board has been depressing lately and I've been avoiding it as much as possible so I guess I was looking for a "name" Anyways, I think Horton will be solid coordinator.

Huepel is young, flashy, comes from a big program, and worked with Sam Bradford. I can't speak for anybody, but that would be my guess why. It's a sexy pick, which of course doesn't necessarily make it the right one.

Horton seems like a solid pick. Been around the block and should have a solid base from his past. Now we need to WAIT and see what happens. And listen to all the BS on this board from all the air heads who know nothing but how to speculate.

Huepel is young, flashy, comes from a big program, and worked with Sam Bradford. I can't speak for anybody, but that would be my guess why. It's a sexy pick, which of course doesn't necessarily make it the right one.

sexy does sell. thanks for your opinions!!

1. I've known the guy since I was about 10 years old. Actually, "known of him" would be more accurate.
2. He finished 2nd in the Heisman race as a player. He has tutored a Heisman-winning QB. QB is problems 1, 2, and 3 on this offense.
3. He was a huge Gopher fan growing up.
4. I will always advocate giving a young guy a chance over a retread. We gave Fisch that chance, but he just didn't return the favor to us.

1. I've known the guy since I was about 10 years old. Actually, "known of him" would be more accurate.
2. He finished 2nd in the Heisman race as a player. He has tutored a Heisman-winning QB. QB is problems 1, 2, and 3 on this offense.
3. He was a huge Gopher fan growing up.
4. I will always advocate giving a young guy a chance over a retread. We gave Fisch that chance, but he just didn't return the favor to us.

Hey thanks for your info!! I to am a fan of Huepel, actually wanted him last year. But after watching Fisch struggle with being a OC, thought it would be nice to have someone with some experience as an OC. Maybe we can get both (only in my dreams), Weber could use the help

Top Bottom