Patrick Reusse: Do it your way, Coach Kill, but don't expect U fans to like it

He writes for himself. He tends to be a cheap shot artist. He doesn't need to be since he knows his sh*t.

Anybody complaining about this article clearly didn't read it.

It wasn't the overall content of the article the was the problem. It was the pompous, condescending manner in which he presented it. That was quite evident as soon as he referred to Coach Kill as "Jer".

Sadly, This writer is consistently negative and bashes Jk every chance He just like to many "fans" on this board. You have to walk before You run. Getting to any bowl means 15 more practices and exposure. Starting every year 4-0 is the smart approach. The Badgers did this for years and built a program. I hope JK, any current player or future recruit does not read this forum with so many negative tools posting.

+1000 PR wants to see the Gophers lose! He has said, I have heard him say it, that he HATES football. You don't build a program by scheduling USC and Alabama in the non-conference.

+1000 PR wants to see the Gophers lose! He has said, I have heard him say it, that he HATES football. You don't build a program by scheduling USC and Alabama in the non-conference.

Pretty sure that article didn't say you should.

It is not unreasonable that fans are skeptical of a long process. We have gone through a lot of rebuilding years without having a truly successful season in a long time (the best season I have seen since I started at the U in fall of 2006 was a 7-1 start that evaporated into a last second pick six by NW on a stupid play call, a blown second half lead against Wisconsin, a 55-0 thumping at home against Iowa, a 28-6 thumping at home against a bad Michigan team that lost to Appalachian State, and a 42-21 drubbing by Kansas in the Insight Bowl, the order may be wrong, it has all melded into one big beating for me). So we have been told that "this is a process, be patient" many times. I am not saying it can be done overnight, but the fans are restless and that is understandable. I think the basic notion that fans will be frustrated until we actually have a good year (I'd settle for an average conference performance at 4-4), and whoever does the rebuilding is going to have to do it with his head down taking some criticism. If Kill builds this team into the winner I still think he will, he will be a hero in time, can say "I told you so" to all of today's critics, and the licks he is taking on Gopherhole and the the press will be a distant memory.

" Patrick Reusse: Do it your way, Coach Kill, but don't expect U fans to like it"

Rule 1. Coach Kill is the BOSS of the Gopher Football Team.
Rule 2. The BOSS is the Boss.
Rule 3. The BOSS is always right.
Rule 4. If you disagree with the BOSS and think he is wrong, reread Rules 1, 2, and 3.

For you young college students, when you get out of school and get a real job, never forget these rules.

Except Norwood Teague is JK's boss. You can ask JK about that. And JK isn't NT's hire - just remember that in two years.

And for heaven's sake Jerry Kill, please lose the "you know" phrase from your speaking vocabulary. It sounds bad enough coming from a 17 year old, much less from a Big 10 coach. Has anyone started a drinking game based on how often he says, "you know"?

Except Norwood Teague is JK's boss. You can ask JK about that. And JK isn't NT's hire - just remember that in two years.

And for heaven's sake Jerry Kill, please lose the "you know" phrase from your speaking vocabulary. It sounds bad enough coming from a 17 year old, much less from a Big 10 coach. Has anyone started a drinking game based on how often he says, "you know"?

It been a tough week to be Coach Kill. Can't seem to do anything right.

It's a little early (a year and a half into the regime) for all this fulminating (from a career fulminator!). Gophers can still win two, but will we ever recruit a true B10 running back?

It's a little early (a year and a half into the regime) for all this fulminating (from a career fulminator!). Gophers can still win two, but will we ever recruit a true B10 running back?
Our line couldn't get any push today at all. Wouldn't matter who the RB was.

Really? Has it come to this? Are you going to start complaining about how he wears his cap or what kind of shoes he has on?

"... the Gophers are considered the fifth big-time sports entity." The implications of this fact are little understood and vastly under-rated here.

Really? Has it come to this? Are you going to start complaining about how he wears his cap or what kind of shoes he has on?

Start paying attention to how often he says "you know" - it'll drive you nuts!

Anybody over at Stub's taking a swig every time he says it will be stone-cold sh*tfaced within 5 minutes. just better hope the interview doesn't last that long.

I could give a damn what he wears - how he speaks is a different matter. This isn't an "aw shucks" league.

Our line couldn't get any push today at all. Wouldn't matter who the RB was.
Ball turns -2 into 4 yards like it's nothing, and he turns 4 into 15 like it's no big deal. A good RB can make up for a mediocre O-line to an extent. The problem is we have two RB's that look like fullbacks.

They are told to do one thing: Run forward. If you you get stuck behind the O-line. Just run into them and pray a hole opens up.

P.S. I realize Ball's O-line is very good, but there were many plays where he was trapped behind the line and still managed to get the first down.

Reusse is slipping, this article was actually fairly reasonable.

"If you need two yards, I'll get you three yards. If you need four yards, I'll get you three yards."

One of my favorite RB quotes of all time and it came from an NFL back. Guess he wasn't a B1G caliber back if he couldn't turn 3 yards into 15...

I like seeing Teague and Jerry on the hotseat. It goes with the territory. I'm already tired of the apologists who want us to be patient. The Big ten is having it's worst year in recent memory. Wisconsin and Penn State may be the two top teams. They'll both beat OSU. This year gave us a shot to at least be noticed. Aside from 3 games last season, USC, Iowa(the Hawks played a horrible game), and Illinois(a collapsing team), the team has looked poorly coached. This season we've beaten Syracuse. Jerry hasn't done much. He really hasn't, no matter how likable he is.

"If you need two yards, I'll get you three yards. If you need four yards, I'll get you three yards."

One of my favorite RB quotes of all time and it came from an NFL back. Guess he wasn't a B1G caliber back if he couldn't turn 3 yards into 15...

Are you insinuating that Kirkwood is a Big 10 caliber running back?

Top Bottom