Pat Forde's most overpaid college coaches, #5 Matt Limegrover 550k

Some Day...Is Coming!

Some Day...Maybe?
Reaction score
Matt Limegrover. Position: Minnesota offensive coordinator. Salary: $550,000. Limegrover’s offense has scored 50 points in three games – 47 in regulation. That includes a whopping 10 against the same Kent State team that gave up 52 to Illinois. The Gophers rank 121st in yards per play at 4.73, and have yet to produce a single 40-yard gain. Replacing 1,600-yard rusher David Cobb has been even harder than Minnesota expected.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/forde-...rpaid--underpaid-coaches-050823033-ncaaf.html

The Emperor has no clothes. Somebody in the media stating the obvious.

Making a half million a year running 80 % of the plays between the tackles. Something is skewered here. A dad from the Pop Warner league could make those calls.

I'm not fond of the last few games but 3 game sample rate seems a bit silly.

I suppose someone could find 3 games that makes him look really good too....

I'm not fond of the last few games but 3 game sample rate seems a bit silly.

I suppose someone could find 3 games that makes him look really good too....

How does the offense look if you take away the best 3 games and take away the worst 3 games over his entire tenure at MN?

50 games.
The take away the best 3 and worst 3.

Look at the middle 44.

He was smart enough to keep running Cobb time after time. I was impressed by that. However, you take his best three games away and just from memory it's a kickoff return here, a punt return there, a defensive fumble recovery to preserve the win, an interception for a touchdown more than it is offense in the middle 44. Could easily be wrong...not particularly confident in our scheme tonight.

Totally agree, if any average football fan can Pre-determine Limegrover's calls... He's a high school coach, division III coach at best.

And the negative comments continue.

This article and some of the irrational comments aside, Coach Kill is clearly frustrated with the offense. As is his wife. He's not one to throw anyone under the bus, but it's obvious he's frustrated as well. Let's hope we can get the issues fixed this week, as we have three Big Ten games prior to the bye week, so we really need this figured out on the fly, so to speak.

Go Gophers!!

Yes but here and everywhere the negative comments keep coming. Perhaps we have more trolls than I realize.

So, good fans who are unhappy with piss-poor production and concerned about the direction and leadership of a bad offense are "trolls". Awesome post.

So, good fans who are unhappy with piss-poor production and concerned about the direction and leadership of a bad offense are "trolls". Awesome post.

No I'm not happy either but I don't care for all the macho type bashing posts. Think that helps our program?

No I'm not happy either but I don't care for all the macho type bashing posts. Think that helps our program?

You think the status quo helps the program?

There's nothing worse than an apathetic fan base. I've lived through one most of my life. Attitudes like yours (failure is OK) contribute to that apathy. I'm not saying we need to be vicious - that would be Kentucky basketball (wait, that program is pretty dominant, hmmm...); but fans being critical of poorly-performed jobs should not upset you.

This program, in 2015, is a decent offense away from being a West Division contender and therefore Rose Bowl contender. That offense is hampered by many things, including the OC; the OC deserves his share of the blame. He could - and should - fix it. I see Pat Forde suggests he's not earning his pay. We'll see if that wakes Limegrover out of his coma or if he'll just allow this program to flounder when it shouldn't have to.

You think the status quo helps the program?

There's nothing worse than an apathetic fan base. I've lived through one most of my life. Attitudes like yours (failure is OK) contribute to that apathy. I'm not saying we need to be vicious - that would be Kentucky basketball (wait, that program is pretty dominant, hmmm...); but fans being critical of poorly-performed jobs should not upset you.

This program, in 2015, is a decent offense away from being a West Division contender and therefore Rose Bowl contender. That offense is hampered by many things, including the OC; the OC deserves his share of the blame. He could - and should - fix it. I see Pat Forde suggests he's not earning his pay. We'll see if that wakes Limegrover out of his coma or if he'll just allow this program to flounder when it shouldn't have to.
Who said I was happy with the results. I just don't think you're type of attitude is appreciated by those who clearly are trying hard to build the program. This program can get along without your attitude...get lost. We'll get there without you.

This article and some of the irrational comments aside, Coach Kill is clearly frustrated with the offense. As is his wife. He's not one to throw anyone under the bus, but it's obvious he's frustrated as well. Let's hope we can get the issues fixed this week, as we have three Big Ten games prior to the bye week, so we really need this figured out on the fly, so to speak.

Go Gophers!!

He not so subtlety threw his AD under the bus this past week...

Bernie Bierman did not have an offensive coordinator. I've read that the players called the plays. Cost: zero.

Top Bottom