Part III Summary Of 2013 GopherHole Survey

DL65

Reaction score
This summary is related to the Fun Questions in this year's survey. Most of the respondents answered the three questions, a handful left the questions blank and some focused their attention on the the last two questions.

In the most athletic player and your all-time favorite Golden Gopher player questions, I've listed the players that received two or more mentions. There was a plethora of names that received one mention. Not surprising - because 75% of this years respondents in the survey are fifty years of age and younger - current players and those from the past twenty years received the bulk of the votes in the final two questions.

1. (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)?

There was a wide range of answers given. One common mention, however, was beer! Hopefully GophersInIowa and others found some suggestions to their liking and for consideration.

2. Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers?

Rodney Williams: 34 mentions
Laurence Maroney: 18
Bobby Jackson: 17
Marquies Gray: 6
Sam Jacobson: 6
Rick Upchurch: 5
Tyrone Carter: 4
Marion Barber III: 3
Bobby Bell: 3
Rickey Foggie: 3
Paul Giel: 3
Ray Williams: 3
Dave Winfield: 3
Neil Broten: 2
Willie Burton: 2
Thomas Vanek: 2

3. (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers?

Eric Decker: 18 mentions
Marion Barber III: 16
Bobby Jackson: 13
Laurence Maroney: 12
Tyrone Carter: 7
Mychal Thompson: 5
Willie Burton: 4
Quincey Lewis: 4
Dusty Rychart: 4
Bobby Bell: 3
Rickey Foggie: 3
Vince Grier: 3
Daryl Mitchell: 3
Ray Williiams: 3
Ballard: 2
Randy Breuer: 2
Jim Brewer: 2
Chris Darkins: 2
Paul Giel: 2
Bake Hoffarber: 2
Voshon Lenard: 2
Nate Schmidt: 2
Darrell Thompson: 2
Trent Tucker: 2

This concludes this year's survey and its summary reports.

Again, thank you to all that participated. I appreciate your time and contributions. I also want to thank the GopherHole Staff/Admins for allowing me to conduct the survey. I'm hopeful that they'll find the information and suggestions helpful as they strive to make GopherHole 'the' place to stop for Golden Gopher information and discussion.

Thanks to all,

Go Gophers!!

Thank you, DL65. Your input and work you do to help GH'ers enjoy is priceless.

Top Bottom