Parker Fox said he has raked in nearly $10,000 since July through more than a dozen NIL deals.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per STrib:

For just $10, University of Minnesota basketball player Parker Fox will sell you a personalized video shout-out. He has started endorsing local businesses on his Instagram. The 6-foot-8 power forward is even making deals with campus restaurants to promote his name — the "Parker Fox loaded tater tots" will soon be on the menu at Sally's Saloon.

Fox said he has raked in nearly $10,000 since July through more than a dozen such deals. The Gophers men's basketball player is among several dozen student athletes at the U who have cashed in on their brand since the NCAA began allowing college athletes to profit off their name, image and likeness (NIL).

"It's helped my personal savings a lot," said Parker, who has a bachelor's degree in sports marketing and is now pursuing a master's in sports management. "One day the basketball is going to stop bouncing and I've got to have a little money in my bank account."

Go Gophers!!

Per STrib:

For just $10, University of Minnesota basketball player Parker Fox will sell you a personalized video shout-out. He has started endorsing local businesses on his Instagram. The 6-foot-8 power forward is even making deals with campus restaurants to promote his name — the "Parker Fox loaded tater tots" will soon be on the menu at Sally's Saloon.

Fox said he has raked in nearly $10,000 since July through more than a dozen such deals. The Gophers men's basketball player is among several dozen student athletes at the U who have cashed in on their brand since the NCAA began allowing college athletes to profit off their name, image and likeness (NIL).

"It's helped my personal savings a lot," said Parker, who has a bachelor's degree in sports marketing and is now pursuing a master's in sports management. "One day the basketball is going to stop bouncing and I've got to have a little money in my bank account."

Go Gophers!!
Good for him - that’s a lot of ten Buck shout outs
1638704610005.jpeg

Good for Fox. That number will grow when he’s healthy, kid is destined to be a fan favorite

I think it's cool. Especially nowadays where some college-aged people can make bank of off stuff like Twitch, Youtube, Only Fans, etc. seems silly to not let athletes leverage their own brands.

Per STrib:

Go Gophers!!
Interesting. I've heard so little about it, I wondered if the whole thing was kind of a bust. But if an injured MN player is making $10K, imagine what Kentucky players are raking in...

Top Bottom