Parker Fox is leading by example: aggressive, tough, fearless

Awesome to see Parker Fox showing what he can do. Shame we didn't get him the past few years but on the same token he would have helped those teams but probably not made a huge difference in the overall record so maybe it is good we are getting him now instead.

He makes the most of his time on the court and he was massive last night. Every team needs guys like him and Carrington who can make an impact without needing to score a bunch of points.

I really hope he gets the additional year and is back again next year. He seems like he is getting more and more comfortable out there and is really settling into his role on this team as an energy guy off the bench who is willing to muck it up and be disruptive.

The offense last night in the first half was an added perk when the team was really struggling. Loved the drive to the basket from the 3 point line that caught everyone off guard.

Awesome to see Parker Fox showing what he can do. Shame we didn't get him the past few years but on the same token he would have helped those teams but probably not made a huge difference in the overall record so maybe it is good we are getting him now instead.

He makes the most of his time on the court and he was massive last night. Every team needs guys like him and Carrington who can make an impact without needing to score a bunch of points.

I really hope he gets the additional year and is back again next year. He seems like he is getting more and more comfortable out there and is really settling into his role on this team as an energy guy off the bench who is willing to muck it up and be disruptive.

The offense last night in the first half was an added perk when the team was really struggling. Loved the drive to the basket from the 3 point line that caught everyone off guard.
Silver lining is that we get to see him with this and possibly next years team and not already out of eligibility. He is touch, works hard, came back from two injuries and is a well spoken leader of the team.

"To have Tom Izzo look me in the eye and say I made a difference was pretty cool."

Yeah, there were a number of posters here who totally wrote him and Ihnen off after the injuries. Has been great to see them both playing and carving out roles on this team.

Fox has been really impressive recently. I won't be surprised to see his role increase as the season goes on. He brings a different energy level to the floor when he is out there.

I mean that isn't exactly unfair...multiple injuries and this much time off is difficult to come back from. They were unknowns so skepticism was warranted. Now...not so much ;)

Silver lining is that we get to see him with this and possibly next years team and not already out of eligibility. He is touch, works hard, came back from two injuries and is a well spoken leader of the team.

"To have Tom Izzo look me in the eye and say I made a difference was pretty cool."
Fox will easily become a fan favorite if he keeps this up.

I'm sure the MSU coaches were like "who the heck is that wearing #23....." :)

my question on amount of playing time - is Fox the type of player whose limitations would be exposed if he was playing extended minutes?

Hey, I like what he brings - but I wonder/suspect that he might be playing the role he is best suited for - the energy guy who comes in for 4 or 5 minutes at a time and gives the team a boost.

It does appear that Fox is picking up minutes that were going to JOJ earlier in the season. is that a permanent change, or is it a game-by-game situation?

my question on amount of playing time - is Fox the type of player whose limitations would be exposed if he was playing extended minutes?

Hey, I like what he brings - but I wonder/suspect that he might be playing the role he is best suited for - the energy guy who comes in for 4 or 5 minutes at a time and gives the team a boost.

It does appear that Fox is picking up minutes that were going to JOJ earlier in the season. is that a permanent change, or is it a game-by-game situation?
He is a 10 minute guy +/- he does foul, but usually the energy and plays he makes offset it. I've been surprised by his ability around the rim. I was worried that we were just getting a leaper/slasher.

Had that 3 gone down the roof would have come off the place.

He is a 10 minute guy +/- he does foul, but usually the energy and plays he makes offset it. I've been surprised by his ability around the rim. I was worried that we were just getting a leaper/slasher.

Had that 3 gone down the roof would have come off the place.
his 3 looked better than expected.... not that I loved the shot selection....

Become? He's been my favorite for a while now. He was the Gopher's best player last night IMO.

I have to think part of is he really feels incredibly fortunate to be able to get back out there after those. Heck I felt that way after getting out to play pickup ball at the Y after a torn Achilles. I can only imagine how great it feels for him to be playing at his dream School in the B1G after two injuries.

Become? He's been my favorite for a while now. He was the Gopher's best player last night IMO.
When he committed I was really excited to see what he could do and then the injuries hit. Has been really fun watching him come into his own.....and while you might have been a little ahead of the curve I am guessing a lot of fans are just now catching on to what Parker can bring to the table. :)

JOJ has been struggling lately. He seems to make many mental lapses, and depending on the camera angle, you can often see CBJ erupt in rage as he signals to the bench to sub JOJ out.

JOJ has so much upside. He got away with a lot last year due to the lack of depth. This year, poor play is punished. If he's playing tentatively, lingering around the 3-point line, and missing defensive assignments, minutes will be hard to come by with how Fox is playing.

I think JOJ will have some big minutes for us down the stretch. He's too gifted not to. He's still figuring it out, and hopefully, the lack of minutes channels 2nd half of Nebraska JOJ sooner than later!

JOJ has been struggling lately. He seems to make many mental lapses, and depending on the camera angle, you can often see CBJ erupt in rage as he signals to the bench to sub JOJ out.

JOJ has so much upside. He got away with a lot last year due to the lack of depth. This year, poor play is punished. If he's playing tentatively, lingering around the 3-point line, and missing defensive assignments, minutes will be hard to come by with how Fox is playing.

I think JOJ will have some big minutes for us down the stretch. He's too gifted not to. He's still figuring it out, and hopefully, the lack of minutes channels 2nd half of Nebraska JOJ sooner than later!
JOJ is a tough one to figure out. He went from scoring in double digits in 9 straight games to only getting more than 4 points one time in the last 5 (14 against PSU). I wonder if he is dealing with an injury of some kind because he doesn't seem to want to drive when he is on the court and that is a big part of what makes him dangerous.

Yeah, Joshua is a little worrisome. Was wondering what he was saying running down the court after not connecting on that alley oop from Hawkins. Always looking to see how he’s reacting. Heck, I even made a point to search him out first in the team photo after the game. Really want him to succeed.

With todays scouting & filming, I doubt if anyone flys under the radar...

Fox is so good at attacking the basket that I can't help but believe he's got three or four buckets in him on high screen pick and roles if they would ever get the ball to him. I guarantee it would change the way teams defend the Gophers after a couple of buckets opening up looks on the perimeter.
Announcers made a point like that last night he drove from the top of the key saying that MSU probably didn't have that in their scouting report. He can keep defenses more honest with plays like that

Top Bottom