Parker Fox: 960… 960 days since I’ve played a basketball game. 960 days I coulda felt bad for myself. 960 days I coulda gave up. I'm back.

The two main takeaways I got from the Mac scrimmage was Fox's overall court presence. He looked comfortable and played within the system and his limits. Where as Betts looked as if he was trying to do much more than he was capable of.

The other was the spark and energy that Hawkins provided. He too played within his capabilities and the system.

Both showed their experience and will be positive additions.

I am anxious to see what Payne and Christie add to the mix. The others were pretty much what I expected.

Good on him for making it back. But he looked like he needed to lift weights alot more. Too slight for conference play.

Good on him for making it back. But he looked like he needed to lift weights alot more. Too slight for conference play.
You could have just stopped after the first sentence.

Awesome that both Ihnen and Fox appear healthy and ready to contribute this season. Has been a long road back for both of those guys dealing with season ending injuries before the start of the last 2 seasons.

You could have just stopped after the first sentence.

Awesome that both Ihnen and Fox appear healthy and ready to contribute this season. Has been a long road back for both of those guys dealing with season ending injuries before the start of the last 2 seasons.
Why? Are we not allowed to have opinions on here? I know he's been through alot with injuries. But his lack of upper body strength is going to be a problem, and for how long he's been in college I'm surprised he hasn't put on some more muscle. Nothing wrong with that opinion.

I think Fox weight and strength are just fine. Tayshaun Prince did pretty well at Kentucky and in NBA. Among many many others.

1699389115594.jpeg

It was good to see Fox out on the floor last night. He appeared to still have a lot of athleticism.

His game at Northern never involved a good jump shot, so while that shake and bake move last night was fun, he's not really a threat to pull up from mid range or deeper.

So it will be interesting to see if in the Big Ten season he can use his spring to be a capable 4; his lack of bulk won't help.

Top Bottom