Parker Fox 2000-21 Highlights/Stats

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
Some may have seen this before but thought it would be good to view his talents. He plays aggressive on both ends and can certainly run the floor. He displayed some moves in the paint and is capable of defending the rim. Of course, one has to remember this is not against BIG level competition but the skills were certainly there. Many schools wanted him.

He is probably stronger now but the knee recovery concern remain.

Poor shooter from outside as well as FT.
Stats: https://nsuwolves.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/parker-fox/6179

Some may have seen this before but thought it would be good to view his talents. He plays aggressive on both ends and can certainly run the floor. He displayed some moves in the paint and is capable of defending the rim. Of course, one has to remember this is not against BIG level competition but the skills were certainly there. Many schools wanted him.

Very right handed. Finishes layups from the left side with the right hand- which might be a problem in the Big Ten. Love the quickness to make a move- he just goes. Incredible hops.

But can he dunk?

Hopefully he's taking the opportunity during his knee recovery to shoot an obscene number of free throws.

Poor shooter? He seems to have range out to a foot, foot and a half at least.

"2000-2021 Highlights"

I was disappointed when I clicked on the link that I didn't see Parker dunking on his Little Tikes toddler hoop.

Very right handed. Finishes layups from the left side with the right hand- which might be a problem in the Big Ten. Love the quickness to make a move- he just goes. Incredible hops.
I wonder if Ta'Lon can dish the alley oop?

There are a few full games on youtube for those interested.

I also noticed after watching a couple of games that Parker Fox played with Taison Chatman's brother Tommy at Northern State.

Going deep dive with the highlights, any videos of him dunking on a kiddie hoop as a toddler?

no, bounce passes only. source: I watched some youtube videos on his games
If you watch the highlight reel above you will see two or maybe three alley oops. It's a no brainer with his quick step and vertical.

Poor shooter? He seems to have range out to a foot, foot and a half at least.
Intelligent kid as well. Why risk a possession with a jump shot when you're shooting 65% in close?

assuming the knee is 100%, Fox adds a level of athleticism that the Gophers absolutely lacked last season.

I don't care if the guy never takes a shot from outside the lane. The Gophers have other guys who can shoot. What they need is athletic ability, shot-blocking and defense.

That's his real brother. His dad is Tommy Chatman a fairly prominent guy in AAU circles.
Any chance Tommy played at Jordan in the mid/ late 1990s? They knocked my St. Peter team out of the tourney in 1996, and that name gives me nightmares.

"2000-2021 Highlights"

I was disappointed when I clicked on the link that I didn't see Parker dunking on his Little Tikes toddler hoop.
Semi-related but I was looking for Ta'lon Cooper highlights and one of the top results on Youtube was his highlight tape from when he was 12 lol.

assuming the knee is 100%, Fox adds a level of athleticism that the Gophers absolutely lacked last season.

I don't care if the guy never takes a shot from outside the lane. The Gophers have other guys who can shoot. What they need is athletic ability, shot-blocking and defense.
+1000....we don't need Fox to come in and be a big weapon on offense. We need him to do the dirty work around the basket which was something this team really struggled with last season. Curry did the best he could but his overall skill set was pretty limited at this point in his career after all the injuries.

If Fox and Payne can provide an interior presence of some kind it will allow the other guys to spread the court and get open looks. I am really excited to see what Fox brings to the table next year because I feel like his skill set is exactly what this team was missing last season.

+1000....we don't need Fox to come in and be a big weapon on offense. We need him to do the dirty work around the basket which was something this team really struggled with last season. Curry did the best he could but his overall skill set was pretty limited at this point in his career after all the injuries.

If Fox and Payne can provide an interior presence of some kind it will allow the other guys to spread the court and get open looks. I am really excited to see what Fox brings to the table next year because I feel like his skill set is exactly what this team was missing last season.
Yeah, worst case scenario with him, he seems like a high energy post player who can run the floor, get garbage hoops and be a pest. That kind of energy from a 4 is really underrated. It'd be nice if he was 6'9", could shoot, and had all of these other traits but then he'd be playing in the NBA right now.

Yeah, worst case scenario with him, he seems like a high energy post player who can run the floor, get garbage hoops and be a pest. That kind of energy from a 4 is really underrated. It'd be nice if he was 6'9", could shoot, and had all of these other traits but then he'd be playing in the NBA right now.
Lot of points, blocks, rebounds, turnovers and a lot of fouls at NSU
Looks like he averaged about 3.5 blocks per game and fouled out 5 times in 21 games his last year, if I'm reading it correctly, and 4 times in 2019-20
Looking a little more, surprisingly, in 2019-2020 season Parker shot a very respectable .360 behind the arc, 18-50
Intriguing player. Looking forward to seeing him on the court.

Last edited:

Top Bottom