Paratroopers @ National Anthem

GoGophers2005

Reaction score
Best thing I've ever seen in my life.
Thanks U of M for such a cool unexpected thing.
We actually saw them around 9ish being dropped and practicing their decent but we all thought it was for some pregame event.
10 times better than the flyover....hands down.

They should make that a tradition. It was sweet. I wish that one of the paratroopers would have came in with a big gopher flag like at the bowl game last year.

paratroopers

That was AWESOME!!!! Noone was paying attention to the anthem. Everyone was watching them drop from the plane. They also did a great job of circling part of the stadium on their way to the ground. Ver very cool. I would love to see that every year.

Yeah, this was a very cool thing to see.

I saw them as well from the lot as we were drinking and figured it was their test run.

great tribute to our Armed Service Members

incredible

Anthem was awful, paratroopers were awesome

Could have even more amazing if the Anthem was sung a lot better

I was at a Military Academy for two years and I never got to see an outstanding display of patriotism like the paratroopers. The promotion was nice but probably something they should've done pre-game. The recruits.....they don't know anything yet, they haven't served or learned anything, they don't deserve a standing O!....yet! Congrats U on a great day! Maybe if we have more stunts we'll bring more fans in. Maybe the team will get excited to play football too! Just an idea...

It was awesome because they descended so gradually, making the wide swing around the stadium and right landing right on beat with the end of the Anthem.

Here's the second one:
4084060121_d834e62e66_b.jpg

I dont have a problem with the new recruits getting a standing O. We are involved in a global war against terrorism right now. Though some like to forget it or call it something else "man made disasters" (GAG). They decided to sign up knowing that they have a good chance of serving in a war zone. Thats already doing far more than many do for their country.

Man, I can't believe the skill of those guys. Landing on the 50 yard line from 10,000 feet? Hot damn, everyone and their uncle were standing and gawking.

AND WHAT ABOUT THAT FG KICK AT HALFTIME?!?!?!?!

she didn't even know the words...."were so gallantly dreaming" WTF!!! LOL

The recruits.....they don't know anything yet, they haven't served or learned anything, they don't deserve a standing O!

They have committed their lives to protect this country. That deserves a lot more than a standing O in my opinion.

Paratroopers & Recruits

The paratroopers were phenomenal and the recruits deserved all the recognition they got. We need these people.

The high point of the day for me. It was well done and glad the fans were appreciative. It was well done all around. Except, that gal that did the Anthem, terrible.

Paratroopers were extremely cool. The National anthem was terrible. This is at least the 2nd time that our anthem singer has sucked. Where are we getting these people? The anthem when sung well totally touches your soul and when it sounds like crap, everyone just looks at each other and are like, "seriously?"

One other comment about something other than the football. Who the heck in Gopher athletics thinks that it's ok for the Today's winning color at TCF Stadium is ORANGE! When we are playing against the Illini? Who comes up with this stuff? If the winning color isn't always either Maroon or Gold, then get rid of that stupid winning color thing because if the winning color is ever red, I'd be just as upset.

I was thinking about this... How cool would it be if we established this as a tradition and the parachuter would bring a "game ball" down to the officials before every game. Maybe it is a dumb idea, but I think something like that would be cool.

One other comment about something other than the football. Who the heck in Gopher athletics thinks that it's ok for the Today's winning color at TCF Stadium is ORANGE! When we are playing against the Illini? Who comes up with this stuff? If the winning color isn't always either Maroon or Gold, then get rid of that stupid winning color thing because if the winning color is ever red, I'd be just as upset.

I was thinkin' the same thing! Everytime they announced the "winning color" the IL fans went nuts. Get a clue color pickers!

I was thinking about this... How cool would it be if we established this as a tradition and the parachuter would bring a "game ball" down to the officials before every game. Maybe it is a dumb idea, but I think something like that would be cool.

Cool idea, but too pricey.

Now I want to see this at a night game where the paratroopers are all lit up.

Here's the video of it - pretty sweet!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bIUJOX3u9UE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bIUJOX3u9UE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I absolutely loved the paratroopers. That was definitely a highlight of the whole year for me. It would be great if they could do that once a year. As someone said earlier, I'm sure it's quite expensive and wouldn't be realistic to do every game. I wish they could though.

For the person that said the Army recruits didn't deserve a standing ovation, I disagree with you in so many ways, so let me just say this: I do not own anything valuable enough to give to them, nor could I ever do anything worthy enough for each one of those recruits that would accurrately represent my gratitude for what they've signed on for, and what they're doing for my country. As far as I'm concerned, they became heroes the moment they took their oath. That goes for anyone on this board who has ever served their country for us. I owe you more than I could ever give you or do for you. My hat's off to thee!

Top Bottom