Over/Under Sid Calls for Hiring Horton After Win

akgopher

Reaction score
I'm calling it. In light of today's win and Sid's latest belief that this job is horrible and nobody want it, he will throw Horton in the mix to his partner and Asst. AD Dave.

You beat me to posting this!

Apparently we have Illinois number. That was Brewster's signature win. And we just gave Horton a gatorade bath.... wow!

Oh yeah...tomorrow morning Sid will be trumpeting Horton as The Savior.

What time does the show start, 9:30? I'll put the over/under at 9:32.

Sid is just this predicable, isn't he? I do like how calm JH stays on the sideline, and you have to give him credit here - he still pulls out a win and is holding it together as best as can be expected under a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ty situation. But Sid will be the only one to call for him to be the coach. Nice job today, Gophers! And its fitting that this win comes against Brew's Alma Matter! That poor SOB!

Sid already said Horton should be the coach the week after Brewster was canned. I only listen to him because I think it's funny that he's so senile. Dementia set in a while ago.

Sid already said Horton should be the coach the week after Brewster was canned. I only listen to him because I think it's funny that he's so senile. Dementia set in a while ago.

It's mad cow disease, same as Denny Crane.

There's no doubt he will do it. Either in his column or on the show tomorrow. I'll say in his column will win the pool.

Over/Under this thread being confusing?

Has Sid ever criticized a coach? I have to be honest. I stopped reading his column years ago, like when the guy was only in his 70s.

Has Sid ever criticized a coach? I have to be honest. I stopped reading his column years ago, like when the guy was only in his 70s.

Sid wants everyone to be his friend and the first person they call.

So no he has not.

Sid wants everyone to be his friend and the first person they call.

So no he has not.

I used to give this guy a pass for just being a good cheerleader but I'm starting to think he's more of an enabler.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/g...EyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUgOy9cP3DieyckcUsI

"And what if the Gophers beat Iowa, which lost to Northwestern on Saturday, in the season finale at TCF Bank Stadium on Nov. 27?

I'm sure I will get my share of criticism for even suggesting that athletic director Joel Maturi and the geniuses who will decide who the next coach will be, but maybe Horton should be considered as Brewster's successor if the Gophers can't find a big-name replacement. Horton has a lot of head coaching experience with a lot of success. And if you want my opinion, this staff is one of the best the Gophers have had with three coaches -- Horton, Tim Davis and Kevin Cosgrove -- who were at Wisconsin when the Badgers went to two Rose Bowls."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/g...EyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUgOy9cP3DieyckcUsI

"And what if the Gophers beat Iowa, which lost to Northwestern on Saturday, in the season finale at TCF Bank Stadium on Nov. 27?

I'm sure I will get my share of criticism for even suggesting that athletic director Joel Maturi and the geniuses who will decide who the next coach will be, but maybe Horton should be considered as Brewster's successor if the Gophers can't find a big-name replacement. Horton has a lot of head coaching experience with a lot of success. And if you want my opinion, this staff is one of the best the Gophers have had with three coaches -- Horton, Tim Davis and Kevin Cosgrove -- who were at Wisconsin when the Badgers went to two Rose Bowls."

Ok first of all, that is hilarous that everyone on this board predicted it.

On another note, am I the only one who is sick and tired of the U being associated with the absolutely everyone connected to the Badgers 2 Rose bowls?? It seems the gophers have had every coach, trainer, cook and janitor who was around during the Badgers two Rose bowls.

You know what it's got us so far? Nothing.

I used to give this guy a pass for just being a good cheerleader but I'm starting to think he's more of an enabler.

I am in the media profession, (radio specifically, but have worked extensively with newspapers) and growing up in Minnesota Sid was my hero.

I loved reading what he had to say in the Strib. That is why it makes me so sick that he both has no journalistic integrity left in him and he has become more predictable than the sun rising and setting.

Yes!! That was my first thought after we scored late. He's so predictable. I rarely listen to his Sunday Show, but make a point of it now to listen to the Gopher callers discuss the situation now that we are in limbo. It'll be a must listen to tomorrow.

I'm calling it. In light of today's win and Sid's latest belief that this job is horrible and nobody want it, he will throw Horton in the mix to his partner and Asst. AD Dave.

You nailed it!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

And if you want my opinion, this staff is one of the best the Gophers have had with three coaches -- Horton, Tim Davis and Kevin Cosgrove....

Funny thing is that Sid didn't even mention Hammock. Isn't Thomas Hammock the only coach that has been mentioned as a possible carryover from Brewster's regime?

Top Bottom