Our D-Tackles

TCF=UnitedWeStand

Reaction score
I just checked our roster - as things stand right now, we are going to be seriously lacking in depth in the D-Tackle positions next year, with Kirksey and Edwards, but then Eric Jacques (will be a red-shirt FR) as the only backup. Thus, it is essential that we keep Legania and Tuafela locked up.

My hope is that Anthony Jacobs will move to DT next year, which is where he belongs, but even then - pretty thin, and pretty young (after Kirksey and Edwards).

My hope is that Anthony Jacobs will move to DT next year, which is where he belongs, but even then - pretty thin, and pretty young (after Kirksey and Edwards).

I would anticipate this as well. Also Searcy would be on the depth chart if he doesn't red shirt after his gray shirt this year.

One guy who really impressed me at yesterday's practice was Eric Jacques...He looked big and strong and moved really well. I think he's listed at 280 and seemed to be really quick and nimble for a big fella.

Searcy probably isn't going to make it.

I'm getting that feeling too.
That said, the depth is a concern.
Kirksey and Edwards are outright starters, Jacobs can slide in and provide depth/pass rush. What will Jacques contribute?
I wouldn't be shocked if Hageman slides in too at some point. Legania looks the part, really reminds me of Kirksey his freshman year, he could play right away. Tuafela might need some seasoning, but who knows.
I won't second guess Brewster's recruiting plans, he and the staff distribute and recruit with a crystal idea of what they want and who they will be bringing in for which positions.
They know how to work the Grayshirt/Redshirt/preferred walkon angle and I'll trust that they have a plan set for the DT spot next year.

I was just thinking that myself...WE NEED D-TACKLES!!! and those boys need to rotate in and out throughout the course of a game as well. we need guys to jam up the middle the LB's can't do it all.

If some of our younger players emerge next season a bit, I wouldn't be completely shocked to see Trey Davis move to DT either. He is built much more like a DT than our current OL. He is like 6'2", 290lbs, and he was also projected as a DT by either Scout or Rivals coming out of highschool. Of course, that speculation is contigent upon other members of our offensive line stepping forward. It will really be dependent on where the staff thinks we lack more depth, so the Searcy situation might play a role as well.

Another guy, does anyone know where Josh Allen is projected to play? The kid is not built like the rest of the OLineman we have been clamoring over (6'2" 270lbs), and I wouldn't be shocked to see him immedietly moved to DT (possibly DE).

If these things happen our depth will look like:
DT: Kirksey / Jacobs /Searcy
DT: Edwards / Jacques / Davis - Redshirt (Leguina, Allen, Tuafela, possibly Searcy).

Don't forget about Epping. He very well could play DT as he was all-state on both sides of the ball in Wisky this year.

One guy who really impressed me at yesterday's practice was Eric Jacques...He looked big and strong and moved really well. I think he's listed at 280 and seemed to be really quick and nimble for a big fella.

Seeing Eric Jacques at the stadium open house/ dry run, I was very impressed with him. I think he could very well be a pleasant surprise.

If some of our younger players emerge next season a bit, I wouldn't be completely shocked to see Trey Davis move to DT either. He is built much more like a DT than our current OL. He is like 6'2", 290lbs, and he was also projected as a DT by either Scout or Rivals coming out of highschool. Of course, that speculation is contigent upon other members of our offensive line stepping forward. It will really be dependent on where the staff thinks we lack more depth, so the Searcy situation might play a role as well.

Another guy, does anyone know where Josh Allen is projected to play? The kid is not built like the rest of the OLineman we have been clamoring over (6'2" 270lbs), and I wouldn't be shocked to see him immedietly moved to DT (possibly DE).

If these things happen our depth will look like:
DT: Kirksey / Jacobs /Searcy
DT: Edwards / Jacques / Davis - Redshirt (Leguina, Allen, Tuafela, possibly Searcy).

Davis will probably stay at C, he's at least as good as the rest of the 07 Oline guys.
Josh Allen very well could be a Dlineman, his recruiting contact is Cross, for what that's worth, I heard murmurs from guys who said he may play on either side depending on what he's got when when gets here(size, speed, strength, etc)
Good to hear about Jacques, that would be a nice suprise. Epping could also contribute, I think he projects at G better though.

We'll be lacking experienced depth for sure. Overall I think our numbers are good.

Good to hear about Jacques, that would be a nice surprise

I'll say. Is my memory correct in that he was a tag-along with the Michael Carter signing?

Jeff Wills isn't moving anywhere (no pun intended).

Top Bottom